1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets regain a talent - McGrady doesn't miss a beat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Omer, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If you have two dominant players, one inside, one outside, plus some dependable shooters, you can do whatever you want offensively. I don't get the debate over who is better or who should be the first option. You take what the defense give you. If they pack it in, TMac takes over. If they leave Yao single covered, you give him the ball. There's no way any team can double team both of our stars.

The good thing about Yao and TMac is that they are not egomaniacs like Kobe and Shaq. They are very unselfish and have high basketball IQ. I don't think either of them is uptight about who's the best player on the team. They just want to play good ball and win. As JVG pointed out, TMac as our primary ball handler is the best decision maker with the ball. So I am not worried about who will get the ball.

This kind of unselfish atmosphere was what happened a few years ago in Dallas with Finley, Nash, and Nowitzki (Dirk has changed since then). This is what is still happening in San Antonio with Duncan, Ginobili and Parker. I think it can happen here with Yao, Tracy, and Battier. When your most talented players are team players, you've got something special going.

I am pumped.

2. cbb139

cbb139 Member

T-Mac was fantastic the other night. let's see how he does tomorrow. Can't wait to see this team fully healthy, that ought to be fun.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I want to see Bonzi and Head play some.

4. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

This guy gets it.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I like the article. I'm glad to hear the leader of our team be so upbeat. My real hope for Tracy is to hear him talk about defense. If Tracy learns to play solid defense all the time, he'll be listed amongst the greatest players that ever played the game.

Defense wins championships.

6. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I agree Tmac and maybe L. James have ALL the tools to be an all-time player.

He could challenge Hakeem!!! :eek: