1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets need to decide whether to use their picks at all

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Lottery- (top-14) protected through 2016. If the Rockets don't make the playoffs at all by 2016, then New Jersey instead receives Houston's 2017 second rounder and cash.

1 person likes this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

We better not be flushing these picks just because we owe Brooklyn and DMo is coming over. Morey falls in love with the Kansas and Kentucky mystiques in the last two drafts and we're stuck with two let's-wait-and-see's.

Unless we want B. Lopez, I don't see helping NJ.

Hope we don't think we're getting Dwight. That would take Morey's every waking hour, and we'll miss out anyway and wind up making a Camby-esque trade again.

Nah, we'll trade up in this draft or trade for a significant roster upgrade.

Caveat emptor, Morey: Do NOT give the picks to the Lakers for Gasol.

1 person likes this.
  3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Amen to that brotha! Repped

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think you and I are of the same mind. I don't expect to trade into contention. I just want to trade for some hope -- a franchise player to build around for the future. If we get a top veteran that we need a couple of years to put role-players around, that works. If we get a rookie-contract guy that needs a couple years of seasoning, that's fine too. If Morey pulls a magical trade that makes us immediate contenders, who am I to complain? The only thing I don't want to see is another season like the last one -- McHale valiantly trying to win as much as possible with good-but-not-great players.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Possum

Possum Member

Move to #2 take Drummond! Now we have our starting C and with Donatas our starting frontcourt of the future.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, if the Rockets don't make a deal, they will have failed to make a deal?:confused:

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Feigen:
    He has the Rockets taking Zeller @ 14 and Sullinger @ 16 in his mock draft.