1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets must make greater commitment to using Kevin Martin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LpBryan03, Feb 15, 2012.

1. VBG

VBG Member

Give Kevin Martin the damn ball.

He was a top 10 scorer in the NBA last year.

Stop using him as though he's Parsons or Budinger or Courtney Lee.

I agree completely with the article.

2. Margrave

Margrave Member

One thing quality coaches do is find out what makes each player tick, how to get them going, to motivate them.

Some need a boot in the arse, others need to be coddled, Van Gundy was excellent at that, so was Adelman.

So far there are some that really respond to McHale and it seems others that do not, maybe coach McHale needs a bit more time to figure out what makes each player tick, or maybe he is like Popovich and will just bench anyone whether they like it or not.

I would not worry about Kevin Martin though, he will bounce back, if he wants to.

3. Asian Sensation

He's like Popovich in that sense and I have zero chagrins about it. It's quite refreshing actually. Get with the program or get with another team.

4. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

pre road trip Martin was okay so it's not just him, it's on McHale, the rest of the coaching staff and his teammates.

5. VBG

VBG Member

Sorry, this would be like Pop saying **** Tony Parker, lets run the offense through Dejaun Blair instead. Or even Tim Duncan at this stage of his career.

6. makman

makman Member

Yea I didn't like #3 as I typed it out.

What about

Kmart + Hill for Varejao +Casspi

Kmart +Jhill + Morris + Twill for G.Monroe +B.Gordon

Kmart + Jhill +1st rounders for T.Mosgov + A.Harrington

7. VBG

VBG Member

Wait, you want to trade Kevin Martin + J Hill and 1st ruonders for Al Harrington and Mozgov?

I can't take this any more. Leaving thread.

1 person likes this.
  8. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

F@@### McFag #REDNATION THO!! My Man martin Gurantee Droppin #20plus 2nite..Gurantee..K-Mart Is just mad Right now and only got 15 mins How you expect him to score when he's not givin regular pt, Therefore F McFag!! Oh yeah Morey.........

9. faraza84

faraza84 Member

i think this might be hurting his trade value. If hes not a top player for us anymore why would anyone respect him enough to give us something of value.

10. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

They should be running the offense through Kevin Martin as a first option. The dude can create his own shot. I don't understand why he is not getting touches when he is one of the best scorers in the game of basketball. Yall are going to regret it when we trade him for some "defensive" guard and we can't score enough points to keep up with the opposing team.

11. makman

makman Member

Not so much 1st rounders but yes Mosgov is a player and Harrington is decent. Think about Kmarts game and what he's truly worth to the rest of the league. No defense and erratic scoring, if he was what majority of this board thinks he is he'd still be in a Kings uni. I know you probably think he could land Dwill or Dwight but think realistically.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A good coach puts his players in a position to have success. Sure, Martin is struggling, but I think he's struggling with the offense, as well, and that's on the coach. They need to be on the same page. It wasn't all that long ago that Martin was playing at an outstanding level. Where'd he go?

#52 Deckard, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

^I'm with Deck

14. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

Reason why player's don't have respect always look at players as asset's, okay that's nice. but when you're playing basketball here and don't get no respect or nothing but critize just cause of a struggling right now dosen't mean it would last long...#REDNATION..Thought yall better then that!

15. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

we'll said Salute you my dude.

16. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Yeah it's hilarious reading all these people talk about how he can't create his own shot, do they even watch the game lol? He was top 5 last year in PPP in iso plays, up there with the likes of Dirk.

17. onreego

onreego Member

Kmart's handles and court vision are pretty mediocre at best. He can't create off the dribble as well as he can score off of screens and driving. And when he's driving he's looking for a foul which he hasn't been doing anyways.

He becomes incredibly inefficient when he's not scoring because his d, while improved, still is suspect. It's not like he hasn't been getting open shots. At the sametime it's up to the coaches to use a system that will best utilize their best scorer.

18. Spooner

Spooner Member

hahaha. VBG nailed it.

19. onreego

onreego Member

Does that account for driving to the whole and getting fouled on iso plays? Cause he's not getting 2/3rds of those this year.

20. onreego

onreego Member

Hole*