1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets must make greater commitment to using Kevin Martin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LpBryan03, Feb 15, 2012.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Just dump him, the Rockets are playing a new brand of hard-nosed basketball under Coach McHale and Kmart is just a leftover misfit from soft, RA sissy ball. We already improved our team by dumping Olderman, time to take out the rest of the trash.

2. cod

cod Member

The hate on Martin has gone way overboard but then again it's mostly the same posters who have wanted him traded jumping on every little thing.

This is all that was quoted from Martin.
    The rest of the article was a commentary piece by Feigen who has decided to give some support to Martin.

3. cod

cod Member

Thread title needs to be changed. It's not accurate at all.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

10 day contract leash?

5. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

yea not sure I get that. I thought it was in relation to the trade deadline but that's March 15th so that can't be it.

6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Fool's gold

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think he means he's on a short leash, like the one 10-day players have, if they're not playing well. He thinks as a proven vet he should have the chance to play out of a slump.

I'm not sure what's going to happen at the deadline, but this is another reason they may keep going after Pau.

1 person likes this.
  8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lol, he's trying to say if he does something wrong he gets pulled out (just like a 10 day player) That's a sh***y excuse, adjust and drive to the basket more, just because you can't jump into people doesn't mean you can't still draw fouls and get to the line. (also a little defense wouldn't kill you)

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Thanks to Clutch for removing the OPs Editorial comment out of the title of this thread.

10. RyanB

RyanB Member

:grin::grin::grin:
    This forum is just :grin::grin:

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

As in, established vets get the benefit of the doubt and can play through a rough stretch, but 10 day contract NBDL call ups are going to get yanked the second they make a bad pass, shot, or turnover.

I'm very concerned that Martin's disgruntled at this point.

I'm glad that Morey has been patient chasing the right deal....but more and more and more I think we're well past the point were this roster needs to be blown up. It's going nowhere (anyone think this team will slowly turn into contenders?) and no one's trade value is climbing.

I'll keep saying it - overpay for Dwight. Even as a rental. I love them both, but Martin and Scola need to move on.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

I see now. Thanks all for explaining.

Yeah I would say either disgruntled or doesn't care. As he said, just go "chill on the bench and is what it is."

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

dump him.... let him go play with Adlemind...

Kmart/Bud for Beasley/Toliver works on trade machine....

both Beasley and Tolliver are expiring, but I'd resign Beasley (and Clee) and pencil them in for the starting slots next year....
    Klow/CLee/Beasley/Scola-PPat/Sam... til we mae our next move....

14. makman

makman Member

He isn't exactly showcasing himself right now, value for him wouldn't be great, but I'd consider anything just to get rid of him.

1) Kmart + Jhill for Beasely + Milicic

2) Kmart + Twill + Flynn + Jhill for Josh Smith + Z. Pachulia

3) Kmart +Jhill +Twill for R.Lopez, Warrick, and Jchildress

15. Asian Sensation

I know Beasley isn't very popular on this board but I'd do that for sure. I don't know if Beasley will ever live up to his potential but he's still only 23 and the talent is still there.

I think the Wolves would do it too. Beasley is the odd man out there with D. Williams being pretty much the same guy only younger and with a cleaner slate.

Wolves need a 2 really bad and they also need 3 point shooting. Seems like a no brainer for both sides.

16. Asian Sensation

I'd go with #1. #2 doesn't make sense with Joe Johnson in ATL and Josh Smith and Zpac are the Hawks only big men with Horford out. Besides, Josh Smith would be way too awesome for us. #3 No thanks.

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Martin is done here in Houston mark my words he will be traded

18. passdarock

passdarock Member

The rockets have some serious problems. I would pin everything on K. Martin but Scola is not playing, Bud is not a consistent, Thabeet doesn't see any court time, TWill doesn't see any court time, the coach wants to incorporate a new system but the team isn't adapting, no low post prescence, and the GM wants to make a trade for a star but hasn't done one (hopefully he will before the trade deadline). The only good thing for the rockets this year has been Lowry but I hear he could be the only chance to obtaining an over the hill star (pau gasol). ::::sigh::::

Did I miss anything?

Let's hope everything turn around. Let's go rockets.

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I have a feeling he's ready to get out of here and it's showing through his play. He was obviously upset when the trade happened and got rescinded.

Now he's getting less minutes and he's not getting his foul calls that he's used to. This probably won't end well. Probably won't be as bad as T-mac, because Tracy was more egotistical.

I'm all for trading him for cap flexibility and draft pick(s). Let's load up for this summer and see what we can come away with. The best part is that we wouldn't really suffer without him since Courtney can fill in. Win-win for fans and Les.

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

#1 works for me!