1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] Rockets look to adjust as defenses target Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Mr.Pink

Mr.Pink Member

Is Yao out for the season yet so we can go ahead and win another 22 in a row?

2. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I hope youre not serious. we won 10 of those 22 games with Yao, and the rest of those wins came against inferior opponents. Yao is clearly our most valuable player. Without him, right now we could easily have a losing record.

3. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

It was TWELVE out of those 22 games. Yao was in the first TWELVE games during the 22 game streak.

Anyone who "forgets" Yao was a huge part of the first 12 games of the 22 game streak is trying purposely to discount Yao's value.

When Yao went down, he was the MVP of the Houston Rockets. He was the #1 Main guy during those first 12 games, and the loss of Yao was a HUGE blow to the Rockets.

4. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

Just for comparison, T-mac was in 21 out of 22 games during the 22 win game streak. He missed Game #1, but played in games 2 - 22.

5. JustWannaChill

I think Mr.Pink is just a alias of another kinda well-known poster here. He just made up this name to get on the nerves of a group of other posters here that he doesn't like. Probably he got owned by some of these posters in debates before. So he is holding the grudge and doing the r****ded stuffs to get back at them. Perhaps the moderators know who he is already by checking his IP. Anyway, now I find the posts of this fool kinda funny.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Isn't this about different ways to use Yao? Why are some of you worry about another poster like mr pink? He's not going to be banned because he's not using racial or inflammatory language. If you don't like what he's saying, just don't reply to him.

Back to yao, I don't want to see him shooting 3's, but I would like to see him shooting some 15-17 ft jumpers when he's open. The pick and pop type.

7. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

This is up there with the time Hakeem said Mo Taylor was just as good as Chris Webber.

8. ORLY

ORLY Member

good one. yao's shooting skillz would not be worse than alston, he could be efficient on 3's as okur imo.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I once made 12 consecutive free throws in my driveway at home.

10. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Cool, well I guess the next time you're on the court for the Rockets we'll have you shoot the technical free throw

OH WAIT

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I just copied that and I was going to post it too. I LOVE ARTEST. Might as well repeat it.

"Whatever Yao wants to do, he can do," Ron Artest said. "I like when he’s down (low). Those guys, they act like they can stop Yao. They can’t stop Yao. They act all macho when they get a stop on Yao. They can’t stop Yao."

12. mich

mich Member

35% ?! Is that better Tmac's 3 pointer ratio this year?

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Artest is a funny guy, but Nelson's teams can find a way to take the ball from Yao's hand, and he would become a bad role player in all game. Coming out and taking three could be an option, but it is not a good plan since he only made 1 from 9.

"Whatever Yao wants to do, he can do," Ron Artest said. "I like when he’s down (low). Those guys, they act like they can stop Yao. They can’t stop Yao. They act all macho when they get a stop on Yao. They can’t stop Yao."

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

TMac has been our best 3pt shooter this year, at 42%.

BTW, I'd like to see Yao hit a pull up 3 on fast break like Jon Barry loved to do. :D

Also, the 1 for 9 stat should be taken with a grain of salt. None of those shots were set play for him. They were desperation shots on broken plays.

15. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

wow I can't believe you call yourself a Rockets fan.

16. JustWannaChill

Mr.Pink will actually talk more like a Rockets fan under his regular screen name. Obviously a regular poster is using this alias to talk crap in order get on the nerves of some other posters here. It's obvious to tell because he tries too hard to go over the top to be outrageous.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He is not. If we don't feed the troll, he will starve the death.

18. GMAC

GMAC Member

I like this quote from the article :D

19. redao

redao Member

35% is a phenomenal number in terms of shooting for Rockets.

Artest is just shooting a little better than that from under the basket.

20. HoustonFan4Life

Well, at least he wants us to win.