1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets hope minor moves lead to a major one

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 27, 2012.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

cant wait for that announcement...

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

If we resigned Dragic and Lee, and picked Drummond at #5, I would like this better than any Dwight deal. We could run the three guard rotation, and Gasol could be our starting center the next 2 years while Drummond is groomed.

3. olajuyao

olajuyao Member

Sounds beautiful.... but I think lakers would rather go for J. Smith. If kyle is not in the mix.

4. cod

cod Member

Kobe + Pau + Bynum = $62.9M

That is beautiful, why break it up?

5. moali85

moali85 Member

if we do that, I sure hope everyone on this forum (myself included) doesn't start falling in love with the the draftees.

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

exactly...

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sounds good. Hoping for two high picks though.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

what's the point in taking on gasol in that deal? i'd rather just keep the picks in that case. our 2012-2014 teams with gasol aren't going to be appreciably more competitive than our recent teams, and his trade value will drop to nil in 2 years.

i'd rather attempt to catch lightning in a bottle with the draft picks, and possibly use them to trade for a bigger piece down the road. morey has a solid draft record - i'd gamble that the draft picks' future trade value is higher than gasol's.

9. rocketsmetalspd

Pau can stay in LA. I want the Lakers to stay where there at with no one to help them get what they want.

10. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

The rest of the league should just troll the lakers.

11. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I'd like to use the top pick we end up with on the BPA. As for center, I'd like to see us buy 3 second-rounders, and use all 3 picks on centers. I bet one of them would end up being at least decent.

12. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Keywords that stick out are HOPE and MINOR.

13. Spooner

Spooner Member

Guys there are rumblings that Waiters could be going 4. Warriors are also passing Drummond. This could be huge for the Rockets chances at #8!!

Ryan Wolstat: Could be tough luck for Raptors if this new scenario happens, coin flip horror ... 1 AD 2 TR 3 BB 4 DW 5 MKG 6 Lillard 7 Barnes

Ryan Wolstat: If Waiters does go 4, Raptors would likely need team to trade to get Drummond at 7 for Barnes to fall

14. Spooner

Spooner Member

Tim Kawakami: Warriors’ lively draft room: Signs pointing away from Drummond and towards Waiters: On and off the air for tonig...

[​IMG]

15. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

The Golden State pick at 7 may be in play. West doesn't want a project. Drummond may fall to 7. Trade 12, 16, and Ppat to GS for 7. Pick Drummond.

Chicago needs a pg (at least for a while). Trade Lowry, Camby, and Martin for Noah (and change). Use pick 18 on Will Barton to backup Lee. Waive a pf or 2.

I think this would be a nice young team :)

16. pbthunder

Works for me, but I think Sac wants more for #5.

17. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

I'm fine with Gasol too as long as he's not on our team.

18. Spooner

Spooner Member

Golden State won't take Drummond, neither will Toronto(Jonas). We can make a move with either of these teams if it plays out this way. Let's just hope Waiters indeed goes this early.

19. pbthunder

I'm cool, but I don't see us waiving anybody, outside of Brockman and Livingston (though we say we aren't going to do that).

20. Outlier

Outlier Member

Umm that would be ridiculous if the Cavs draft Dion Waiters. That's not happening. It would be a Lowry-Dragic situation with them two.