1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron]: Rockets finalize 3-year deal with Lucas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bwarren, Jul 28, 2006.

1. two-sandwiches

I totally agree Solid that's why I keep thinking if we can't get a great shooter to exploit the double teams, that we get another good bigman beside Yao to demand a double team of his own.A physical rebounding pf with a consistent top of the key or mid range jumper.Or atleast someone great at putbacks and rebounds on both sides of the court.

I just want to see this team embrace the philosophy its better to shoot two feet from the basket than 20.

2. Danbury

Danbury Member

Thats not gonna happen. Spanoulis is more than likely the second PG. IMO JLIII will only pick up junktime minutes. He may be a skilled player, but I don't see JVG giving him much of a shot, especially over Alston.

3. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

you must have smoked some sherm before posting this bullsh!t.

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Would you like to make a tipjar bet about who has the better frontcourt this year?

You are comparing numbers from a sub-par year for both T-Mac and Yao. I suppose you just pulled Battier's stats off of his year at Memphis, where he didn't have two superstars taking the pressure off of him.

If Yao and TMac are both healthy this year, the Rox frontcourt will absolutely destroy the Clippers'.

5. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I think it is much easier/cheaper to acquire a guard than can shoot well than the PF you mention. I think we our much safer/much more set with a PF roation of Battier/Howard/Hayes than either guard spot.

Actually if I were hedging my bets I'd say it is more likely JL3 knocks Alston off the starting PG spot than VSpan in the short term. I don't think we know if VSpan is a 1 or 2, probably isn't as good as outside shooter as JL3, and VS has more of a transition IMO than JL3. Also, atleast the JL3 has played some against NBA players and multiple NBA style/ruled games. I think VS ceiling is higher, but JL3 is more likely to earn minutes right away.

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I caught an FSN show a couple of weeks ago that was dedicated to Houston Sports' teams. The panel was talking about the Rockets' draft and off season moves and the overwhelmingly poor reception these moves were receiving from the fan base. They described the Rockets as "desperate" to reverse their falling stature in the Western Conference. The injury questions about TMac & Yao aside, this organization has finally recognized the huge talent gap that exists between themselves and the top teams in their division and conference. Just look at the former sad sack teams like the Clippers and Denver that have passed them by and you can begin to see why this team is at a crossroads of sorts. Even with a healthy Yao & TMac, they realize that this team does not measure up and hence the "spin" job we are seeing from CD & Co.. Unfortunately, the moves they've made so far have failed to fully close that gap. It will be interesting to see how the season unfolds. They will need all the luck they can get.

7. BullRider

BullRider Member

I am excited 'bout this signing!!! the rockets need to show different skills at the pg position & lucas gives them a speed eruption! thumbs up.