1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Rockets decline Boki's option

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by randerson153, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll make you a deal. If Boki gets a Boozer type contract from anybody at the end of this year, I'll put $100 into the tip jar. If he doesn't, you put in $20.

2. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

It wasn't until the pressure of the playoffs kicked in last year that he did anything at all. Right now, we really don't know anything about Boki, except that he is inconsistent.

3. WNBA

WNBA Member

Boki has everything to be a great player.
    CD was wrong.
    :(

4. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Forget Boki. The least you think he could do is work on that horrible shot during the offseason. But NO, his shot is still one of the worst on the team. Players actually worth keeping are the ones that keep on working to improve their game. Let him go, we dont need to waste money on these guys.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

What has he shown you to give you the impression that he has "everything to be a great player?"

You can only go so long as a project player with potential in this league. At some point, you have to break out. Boki hasn't even come close to doing it. Not even a glimpse.

6. scotia

scotia Contributing Member

No way Boki will get Loozer type contract at the end of this year. I'll put another 100 into the tip jar if his contract even close to Loozer's;)

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Names of teams please if you are reporting something factual or qualify if it just your opinion.

8. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

No, I was speculating more than anything.

Bostjan being an unrestricted free agent after this season gives him a chance to choose the best fit for HIM.

Bobcats after one year of experimenting with their new expansion players may be a nice chance?

Possibly LA?
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rockets_War_Room_Video-48026-34.html

Phoenix maybe a good fit?
    http://www.nba.com/coachfile/mike_dantoni/
    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/bostjan_nachbar/printable_player_files.html

I know Danny Ainge (Celtics) had some interest in trading with the Rockets for Boki if I remember correctly from last season.

Just some teams that may give Boki a chance next summer if he is not gone before the trading deadline.

9. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Expected......maybe he can play himself into a better contract next summer.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If he doesn't show something this year, I see no way he's not going to be out of the league. It'd be one thing if he just turned 20 or something, but he's what? 24? He's well beyond the point where being young is an excuse. It's his third year in the league so he can't say he needs to get acclimated or that he's still adjusting to the rigors of the NBA. Quite simply, Boki Nachbar is out of excuses. Either he produces this year or it's all over for him. He can't seem to shoot and there are a million better athletes out there that play better defense. Guys like Jauquin Hawkins come to mind. Elbowing Karl Malone does not make a career. (as much as we'd all like that to be an actual career and job description)

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I dont want that dude on the Rockets. His name is to hard to say.

12. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

:D

13. run-bdp

run-bdp Member

Why the obsession with Boki?

I do not get it. He has done nothing! Yet the Boki cult talks like he is the next NBA superstar and all that poor Boki needs is the burn ot prove everyeone wrong.

Sometimes I wonder if the Boki cult would be happier if Yao had been the bust and Boki impressed. We shld be glad Yao exceeded expectations. Yes, Yao, should be more dominant, but we should remember all the talk he would need a COUPLE of Years, just ot be decent.

Personally, based on the last three years, I have to wonder if the story of BokiĀ“s lights-out shooting display in his pre-draft workout was propaganda and not based on reality. His shot is terrible. He never looks comfortable out there. Even in summer league and preseason games, which were games the last GREAT WHITE HOPE, Dan Langhi lit it up.

I think the Rox became copycats the last two drafts when we had 1st round picks.

Hmmm... Kobe, KG, T-mac all came straight outta high school... we need to get one = trade 3 PICKS for Eddie Griffin

Hmmm.... Pao Gasol, Toni Kukoc, Dirk Novitski, Peja, they all came from Europe = Boki

Boki, dont let the door hit you on the way out. I do believe you will blow up a la Jason Collier and Dan Langhi once you are gone. What a joke.

14. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

ultimately boki will be a rocket his entire life is Yao says so.

15. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Right....why does everyone think that Yao will demand a trade for the sake of a player especially boki. TMac i can understand, and people said the same thing about Francis trade. Before he starts demanding people stay, he needs to demand the ball in the post. That is when anyone should care if he likes a guy or not.

16. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

If Stevie Franchise got the Rockets management to take T. Morris, then Yao deserves a few more favors here and there b/c Yao brings in the big bucks$$$.

17. shawn786

shawn786 Member

The chances of Boki acctuly having a break out season are pretty low but not zero. The Rox are just being smart knowing they can get him for much cheaper if they wait they do have his "bird" rights u know

18. hooi

hooi Contributing Member

I'm quite amused that the Boki cult is marketing him as a poorer, whiter version of Bob Horry.

Somehow, a part of me suspect that some members of the Boki cult are nothing more than publicists, probably paid by Bostjan's agent to talk him up.

From all the games I've watched, the guy is a nothing. I don't even see the supposed "talent" that the Boki cult/publicists are talking about.

Based on what I've seen over the three years he has been here, the guy flat out sucks.

19. mbiker

mbiker Member

Boki will probably be picked up by the Phoenix Suns next year. He will be reunited with his old coach. Boki still has potential in a system that will use his ability as a slasher. However, he is a horrible outside shooter and does not fit in our system. This is a good decision by the rockets organization.

20. orateam

orateam Member

this is gonna prove to be a mistake