1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets confident deal will be reached with Hayes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ron413, Jul 7, 2007.

1. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

Sorry. He can be a decent role player. I'm just sick of a crappy PF situation that has been going on for years. Without a legit starter we are first rounder fodder once again. 11 years of mediocrity sucks!

2. mike87321

mike87321 Member

Keeping Deke for another year is equally important...

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

3 mil per to me is awful a lot money to give to Hayes

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

for all his faults, rockets need him on the team and the guy still makes plays. no hate'n on chuck

5. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

maybe, but considering he was the starter last year and played decent in the playoffs some team will give him that much for sure. and i'd rather keep him for that price. however, if we can keep him for less more power to morey...

6. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

just to validate my point...

"Deal Almost Done
    Jul 9 - Amir Johnson could sign as early as Wednesday and would most likely join the team and play in three games, plus a couple of controlled scrimmages.
    The Pistons are getting close to finalizing a three-year deal with Johnson that would pay him close to $10 million.

Joe Dumars has made it clear across the league that he was matching any offer for Johnson, so teams have pretty much stayed away. -- Detroit News"

so this guy is getting more than 3 mil. per year and has done NOTHING in the nba...

7. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is old news based on their initial meeting that has already been posted here.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Thank you. And the Texans can't seem to put together an offensive line, either.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

not really. amir is still only 19/20, 6-10, has 2 years experience in the NBA. a contract starting at 3 million is on par with the top end lottery of the draft. he's shown he's capable of putting up 20 points in a game.

unlike hayes he has far more upside. i really don't want to start hearing how hayes is going to be an all star if they can't a pf before the season begins.