1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets assistant Jeff Bzdelik preaches defense-first philosophy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ShutURBiG!, Sep 27, 2016.

1. lastreg

lastreg Member

yeah, if you count the list from the bottom...

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah, not buying it..maybe first few games, but then it will just be run run run

J.R. likes this.
  3. HookemHorns1250

Of course we've heard this before. That doesn't mean I don't want to hear it.

However, something about Jeff gives me
    hope.

I get so tired of hearing about individual defense. Yes, it's not to be ignored, but Harden does not need to go out there and be some shut down defender to prove doubters wrong. He will never be that player.

What he needs to be is a player who is willing to be in the right spot to help, to put a body on someone when a shot goes up, to hedge on a screen. It's a 5 player effort if a defensive scheme is to work correctly. I just hope this system does not involve switching on every play. Would much rather see a player hedge, and then get back to his previous man.

We saw what happened to the Warriors in the finals. They decided to play it soft and just switch not worried about the consequence, and the MVP was absolutely humiliated on defense.

Good, well coached defensive teams with a strong defensive system should never ever allow this.

Like Jeff said though, it's not going to easy, and literally every person on that court will have to buy in or it will fail.

Yes it helps having athleticly gifted players for defense, but give me 5 players who are willing to give it 110 percent on just being in the correct spots on defense, and I will be happy. Effort, that's all I want to see.

We'all find out soon enough if this is just talk, or if the Rockets as a whole will buy into Jeff's philosophy.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Jeffrey Biglydick preach defense first?[​IMG]

J.R. and Snow Villiers like this.
  6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

"Talk to Jeff about the defense."

-Mike

Nook, J.R. and Snow Villiers like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

well it definitely isnt my fault so dont look at me!

Snow Villiers and J.R. like this.
  9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

players - coach, we're getting lost on defense. whta do we do?
    mda - what is this dee fence? i dunno how to spell d fense. talk to bigglydick, i mean bzdelik about your fencing issues

Snow Villiers likes this.
  10. Mr. Motiejunas

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Every game we giving up big points. Jeff biglydick??

[​IMG]

Snow Villiers likes this.
  12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Fire Jeff Biglydick.

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

actually you can blame the defence all you want, most teams now give up big points.....................only one man got lit up today and that was Ariza

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

say what u want about ariza but he's a role player playing superstar minutes defending 3 guys at once while being a main bailout shooting option. he''s not superman