1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rocket Players scatter due to lockout

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Thabeet needs the most work more than anyone on the team. He should have been the first one with his plans laid out.

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Yeah, props to Lowry also for his concern for the team. If the lockout lengthens, I think he's gonna round them up by Aug-Sept to start working out together. He's got the playbook or at least remember some of the plays, so they can simulate some game situations. He'll be the "little coach." He can do it.

Donatas at least is getting in shape playing with his Italian team.

3. alethios

alethios Member

This thread just sickens me because it feels like the lockout is going to last a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time.

Damnit, I have to get a life now.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Thabeet needs someone to take him under their wing and make him workout and play hard. From what I have heard, he is not a bad guy, and not especially lazy when he is actually working out... the guy just seems clueless and is not a self starter (similar to Cato). He got that kind of attention and direction in college but has not in Memphis, and now with the lockout, I don't think he will now... the question is, when is it too late. He could be a long term NBA player, but it doesn't look like it will happen.

5. Nook

Nook Member

I have been a supporter since college, and knew Jerry West saw something in him when he drafted him. Lowery has become a guy that can be a very good point guard, and be a starter on a contender..... still, everyone forgets, his conditioning in the past has not been all that great. His body adds weight easily, and he loves to watch movies and play XBOX. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets out of shape and struggles.

6. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Not sure if this is typical of all lockouts/strikes, and I know the NFL website still has current player pics up on the front page, but I do think it's a little childish of the league to pull down all images of them....even from the arenas...jeez.

7. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Copy right...

8. blackistan

blackistan Member

People are about to get fat

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

10. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

It would help if Thabeet gained 30 pounds, actually.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Agreed. Some posters are missing the point, being that his lack of concrete plans is typical of an unfocused player. I would love to be wrong about this cat. I don't think I am.

12. Raven

Raven Member

I don't think the lock out is going to last long. I think once the players realize the owners aren't going to budge, everything will get wrapped up pretty quickly.

Perhaps I'm wildly underestimating player resolve, but an ESPN story last month about the unique relationship between pro athletes and pawn shops makes me think all the talk about players being "ready this time" is nothing more than hot air, and I'd be shocked if we don't see a new CBA by Christmas, maybe even earlier.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Motiejunas will play in Italy if the season doesn't start on time?

I find this kind of ridiculous. I feel like when a player gets drafted they should be under contract and not have the option to go play somewhere else unless the team willingly wants them to stay overseas. It's kind of like hiring an employee but then having them leave to go work somewhere else and tell you that they will not be available until the next year...

14. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

This article (along with other interesting articles) was posted in the thread titled "Information on player progression during lockout?" @ http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=206446&page=2

15. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Anybody else find it encouraging that Morris is working out with Pooh Richardson instead of a big man coach.

16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Unless there is a trade, he stands a much better chance of getting some SF minutes. Scola, Patterson, Hill...that's a tough rotation to get some minutes vs Budinger, Williams... Plus he sees himself as a Pierce or Anthony type player so I can see him working more on his small game (ballhandling and quickness).

17. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Thabeet is gonna get dunked on by another nobody in some international game somewhere.

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

Plus he's not a big PERIOD. Just because he has post game and played 4 at Kansas doesn't negate that. Even if he plays spot minutes at the 4 against certain matchups doesn't change this.

The guy will succeed or fail at the NBA level as a 3.

As for Thabeet, I don't really care. Morey took him on as a flyer and that's all he is. If he finds himself, excellent. If he doesn't, oh well.

19. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Yeah, except for the part where you're not paying the employee you hired, which is kind of a game changer. Folks gotta eat, especially rookies who haven't cashed NBA checks yet.