1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Morey says Rockets not done acquiring players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Remlap, Feb 8, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

True story: When Allen Leavell was cut by the Rockets in 1986, I shot free throws side by side against him in Dan Patrick’s bar and hit more than he did. I was 14.

My dad took me to the bar so we could watch the Rockets game there. Allen walks in and my dad couldn’t talk to him fast enough. My dad was a big fan because he went to Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana where Allen was from.

So my dad started bragging to him on how well I could shoot. Allen walked over to me where I was shooting free throws and we started talking. Super cool guy, he was very nice and down to earth. We decided to go head to head and I hit more. And yes he was trying. Haha.

xiki, Os Trigonum, malakas and 3 others like this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

**** no I won't do that. I don't want to post the same thing over and over, I'm just getting mind numbing repetitive replies filled with narratives taken out of Tilman's playbook. And @J.R. called it that this would be the stupid narrative well before the deadline. Ridiculous.

3. Mathloom

Supporting Member

If you think we have a 30-40% chance by adding Kief, there's not point us even having this discussion. We don't have to add an All Star. We just have to not settle for only Shumpert.

4. Possum

Possum Member

Dude there’s nothing left of that horse you have completely beat it to death for the love of God please go away. PS you would be a lousy general manager.

biff17 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Itll also force them to play traditional pick and roll defense(cause they almost entirely switch with us) cause theres no way they want that switch to happen. I really wanna see what happens when we play them in a couple weeks.

6. biff17

biff17 Member

Mind numbing repetitive is what you are posting on several threads.

You act as if we can get any player we want and teams would be grateful to take back whatever we offered.

If you can't suggest one plausible scenario to get a player you wanted, you are b****ing just to b****.

I'll make it easy for you name one player who changed teams this year that we had the assets to move the needle like you wanted.

7. raining threes

A very reasonable take

8. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Thanks for the wonderful insight.

9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Exactly my thought. I asked him to provide a trade or a solution but his answer was " i'm sure you like some to be signed" so he answered my questions by asking me a question.

10. Mathloom

Supporting Member

They can try, but Capela is coming out and setting the pick, and if Cousins doesn't come to play Harden will destroy them from 3.

The game will be super interesting. We tend to force the switch harder in the playoffs though, will be far more prevalent imo.

HP3 likes this.
  11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

That's it in a nutshell. Haven't used ignore here for so long but finally forced to do it so I don't have to read a million "The Rockets are doomed" posts from the same poster every day when I come here to get my fan on.

jcf, Smacktle, RoxFanfrom93 and 2 others like this.
  12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I'm just replying, I've been hoping people would stop repeating Tilman's narrative of "there was nothing, so what could we possibly do?!?". If you want me to stop replying, there's an easy solution. If you want different answers, ask different questions. Very simple.

13. malakas

malakas Member

GSW has only one roster spot. They cant add both him and Rolo so someone will be left.
    I wouldnt be surprised if the Bulls out of spite waited till GSW picked up someone to buyout Lopez.

raining threes likes this.
  14. raining threes

Bottom line,

Is the team better right now than it was last season if healthy?

Is the team better than it was at the beginning of this season?

We're talking about a team that gave the All Stars Warriors all they wanted last year.

Morey has done his job.

15. biff17

biff17 Member

yeah that was the final straw for me, at least have a player who was reasonable get if you wanna keep crying over multiple threads.

he is crying about Butler and says it does not have to be Butler, DA F.

arabrocket likes this.
  16. raining threes

What did you want done that would've been feasable given the assets the Rockets had to trade?

17. Mathloom

Supporting Member

See here's the repetition. I've answered this exact question. We went plus after we went minus. Did we make gains after getting worse? Yes.

Are we in better position at this moment than we were in the WCF? No.

Responded to this request, check post history.

18. raining threes

Who did you want added?

19. Possum

Possum Member

What would you know of insight? You literally have none. All you do is b**** that we haven’t spent enough money and if we don’t Surround harden with five all stars he will leave. And you will keep repeating that same mindless dribble until that happens we get it,

raining threes likes this.
  20. Mathloom

Supporting Member

You jumped in to the discussion with literally nothing but 2 personal attacks. I am being critical of the team's moves. Check yourself. Bye.