1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] McHale: "I have two starting point guards."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KlutchQT, Oct 21, 2013.

1. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Fine, and you can keep believing that the reason the Heat won was that Jason Williams didn't play PG much and that the Lakers won because Fisher didn't handle the ball much and not because of the triangle offense.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Fisher and Jason simple handed the ball to the superstars and they went to work

during their championship years, they will be remembered for their defense, hustle, and making their spot-up 3's not for orchestrating the offense

3. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I never said all of that. That was posted no where by me... You're just being belligerent. I said those teams didn't have ball dominate point guards. Avery Johnson, Mario Chalmers, Kenny Smith and Sam, BJ Armstrong, Kerr, and Tony Parker during his first two championship where other point guards who didn't dominate the ball either.

Of course the question is if Harden, Howard, and Parsons can step up and be as good as guys like Shaq and Wade... I don't know. But offensively Harden is just as good if not better than what Kobe and Wade where at this stage in their careers. And now that Howard is behind him maybe Harden's defense will get better. Kobe always had Shaq / Pau and Bynum behind him and a defensive minded point guard in the backcourt with him. Now Harden has that (plus Parsons).

But I just gave my opinion of what I thought based on the history of the NBA. The difference is in your history of the NBA _ Jason Williams was dominating the ball and lead Miami to the Championship.. Lol..

4. jackycool

jackycool Member

It's not a question of if Lin and Harden can play together. There were times when both of them just clicked in a game and both looked phenomenal, but the team is in win-now mode and it's clear they are not going to sacrifice time to develop a young player so Lin's development is pushed to wayside for other players. Nothing wrong with it, it is what it is.

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

You are the one who first put words into my mouth and be belligerent. I said Jason Williams and Walker handled the ball also, I didn't say they dominated the ball, huge difference there. PGs who averaged at least 5 assists like Parker, Williams and AJ are far cries from Fisher. And Fisher played in the triangle offense and we don't play in one. So again, your historical thing doesn't hold much water. I'm not saying it's wrong, just not particularly good.

6. bws

bws Member

I don't see this as a win now team. This team is in develpment mode with a lot of young players still. Harden and Howard don't make the Rockets a championship team yet. And anyone that would not develop Lin with Howard, after Lin has shown at times elite court vision and chemistry with big men is being very short-sided. Lin is a threat and a tool, not playing him with Howard will be a waste if it doesn't happen. I think it will, just watch and see how the season unfolds. Olajuwon didn't work Lin and Howard out together for no reason, and quickly how people here forget what the Dream said of the pairing.

7. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

You seriously can't think Lin can dial it down a little with th e turnovers and the shooting off the ball. I think it is much easier for Lin to do that than it is for Bev to dial it up when they need the extra punch on offense. I think giving p the Lin/Howard partnership is a short sighted view. Actually I think Bev was given the second start to see if he can perform with the starters one final time, which I think he did very well. Even if Lin does not start he should still get a lot of time with Howard. Bev played well last game and was very disruptive. Too bad Lin last three games were lower quality than his Manila and Taiwan games.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lin needs to dial it up on defense too.. LOL if you think Harden + Howard + Parson isn't enough on the offense

spot up shooting, minimal mistakes/turnovers, and on the ball defense is what the starting line up needs.. and for those categories, PBev >> JLin

while playmaking and a leader is what the 2nd unit needs and JLin > PBev there