1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CHRON: McGrady's return May Send Francis to Bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Nov 20, 2007.

1. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

probably, i didn't express very well. it has nothing to do with rafer current performance. it is whether you believe rafer is the right pg for us or not. in the summer, i believe ra and the rox didn't believe rafer was the one. how did they come up this conclusion? because of the last season rafer's performance. now ra and the rox believe ra is the right person. how did they come up this impression? because of his preseason and first 6 games? in these games, rafer was playing better than the last season?

2. pli777

pli777 Member

That's if he stays in houston. I think it's a matter of time that he explodes.

3. zilches

zilches Member

I love Stevie, and hope that he soon gets a lot more minutes - if not the starting job.

However, for whatever reason, he has made a lot of people leery of him. And this is one of the oddest achievements in basketball history since his trade from the Rockets.

So, how did the fall from grace go so low as to not make it absolutely clear in training camp with the Rockets that he was far superior to Rafer?

As sick as I am of what I call the "Reefer Madness" and why he continues to play, I think Stevie should've dominated in training camp or there is no way that we would be having this discussion.

The upshot of all this is that if one continually gives a reason for others to be leery, it is very difficult to break out of that. People tend to be very conservative, and they go with what they know even when it is as disastarous as Rafer is.

Bottom line for me is, I think Rocket fans would like this team to go on a title run now. So why can't we, at the very least, expand our rotation for the next 20 games or so just to experiment? Why not look at the big picture instead of the (near) short-term future?

4. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

they should let stevie play as long as he either drives it to the hole or passes it. no more threes

5. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Because a career 34% 3 point shooter couldnt possibly improve on his 0% currently this season.

6. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

why don't put francis ,Tmac and Yao on the field at the same time. it would be interesting.

7. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Sorry, but that's just the perfect representation of an ignorant fan.

8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

It's really not that complex. Steve sucks. In his one game he played worse than Rafer, so there is no way he replaces Rafer. Rafer is better on defense (which say quite a bit), and better at running the offense. There is a reason the Trailblazers are paying Steve 30 million bucks not to play, and it isn't because they didn't have a roster spot for him. Come December 15th Steve will be traded and hopefully we can get at least a second round pick for him. This is like the Vassilis Spanoulis thing all over again, only this time there are already several teams that got rid of Francis and people still think he is some savior.

9. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

All good points, but I still have hope that once Steve is back in shape he can contribute.

But I recognize that for what it is... hope.

10. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

To Steve's credit, he is in better shape now than he was during preseason, or even at the start of the season. I think as his stamina issues fade, he will become more of a contributor.

11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

can't believe :eek:

in the last game, rafer and sf were pretty much damnit equal. none of them overperformed the other. don't gave me sh$t just looking at the stats.

sf scored 6 pts by 2 layups and drawing a foul through penetration. he made one jumps. so total is 8 pts. his penetration also created two asts, one for yao and other for scola.

rafer had two baskets through p&r and made one jumps. his asts most came from his extra passes along the perimeter after yao kicked out due to double covered.

what is the major difference? sf has better penentration capability than rafer. after watching all games last season, i believe we need a second guy who can penetrate other than tmac. it will help tmac during this brutal season. he will be fresh in the playoff.

12. kidwai88

kidwai88 Member

If steve doesnt play more it will be a horrible decision on RAs part. like how JVG didnt play bonzi

13. poprocks

poprocks Member

Adelman has to play Francis soon. The losses keep mounting and he has to figure out a way to stem the tide. I don't care how Francis gets into the game. Let him take Alston, Head, or Jame's minutes it really doesn't matter.

Those of us who followed his career in NY know what he can still do. Francis should be starting but I'm ok with him coming off the bench.