1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] McGrady, Rockets send mixed signals on return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket4Life11, Nov 9, 2009.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good question ;) I imagine in celebration/excitement or something similar.

2. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Well said. Great points.

3. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

i agree, but nobody ever wants to see it that way. They just think he wants attention and wants to get out of being traded(seriously how does this have to do with anything he said).

4. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

then dont complain about his salary being 20+million when all you want to see him do is make smart passes(which he already does) and play good defense.

5. rockets2

rockets2 Member

What hippocracy

6. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Since when TMac should be mentioned in the same sentence as Kobe, Olajuwon? Last time I checked, this guy has never won a playoff series. And his not-so-talented teammates can win one without him.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

I didnt say I was right or everyone would agree.Just my opinion. Opinion cant be wrong. It's ok for one another to disagree. If I may ask, what would you do or how would you react?

8. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

but you know what doesnt make sense, y t-mac never once did he mention the exact date in his blog entry that explained way more than the yahoo email did.

9. amplified_jp

amplified_jp Member

omg. you people are crazy. i agree the rockets are a good team right now, but im 100percent confident that they would not win in the playoffs. they need an all star caliber player. mcgrady may not be the answer right away but i'd rather give it a try than not.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Whoever penciled in the rockets as a playoff team this year is the crazy one. By you being "100percent confident" is like saying hi to Capt. Obvious. I rather see what this team can do without disruptions (i.e. McGrady OR Yao) than to have either player come back and give the city/team/players false hopes that they can get far in the playoffs...that is if they even make the playoffs.

Before I was deceived by Tracy McGrady, the politician, with his empty promises. Then I was just irritated and annoyed by his woest me rhetoric. Then I tuned him out after he mailed it in against Toronto last year. Now? Now I'm just waiting for More to turn Tracy McGrady, THE CONTRACT, and not Tracy McGrady, THE PLAYER, into future assets.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He has a history of lying about trivial things that are easily fact checked.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I promise you Morey and Adelman are loving this on some level. They are finally in a position of power with McGrady. No more being held hostage by a temperamental, immature player who is (was) essential to the team's success.

Morey has the guys HE selected on the court being coached by a guy who has their respect and attention. This team is kicking ass and taking names and it is directly because of how great these two men are at their jobs.

For them this is like having the ex-gf who spurned you come back begging for a second chance only for you to slam the door in her face after she gets a look at your new, hotter gf.

13. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Anyone else think it is kind of fishy that McGrady is returning so soon from Microfracture Surgery? I mean the normal return time is 12-14 months. This is a guy that is not known as a quick healer. I dont know, but something just strikes me as odd.

I have been a McGrady apologist for a long time. I have always believed in his talent and recognized for his contributions. I think back to the 07 and 08 playoffs. I remember his play when Yao went out during the 2006-2007 season. I remember his play during the streak. McGrady just has so much talent that you want to keep believing in him. I will never forget watching some video of him during last season where he said he was feeling better than he ever has and was ready to take off. We were all so excited with the prospect of finally getting a healthy McGrady to pair with Yao and Artest. Then guess what happened his next game back. He misses a dunk in Milwaukee and then it is microfracture surgery.

So, I really have no idea what to expect. All I can say is this. This team is better with a HEALTHY McGrady. There are no questions about that.

14. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Tmac wants to come back and help his team. He cares about this city and about this organization and his teammates and now that Artest is gone, he has a new motivation. I don't fault him at all for wanting to come back early. He's ready to play some ball.

15. ibm

ibm Member

i will believe you if you're his spokesman.

did you write all his blogs, too?

16. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Oh ic, so anyone who has anything positive to say is mac's personal speech writer :rolleyes:

17. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Mcgrady in a Rockets uniform is a time-bomb waiting to explode. BOoom!! It's going to get ugly no matter what. If you were Adelman, what kind of message would he be sending if he were to bench Ariza for Tmac after all that drama? Would RA risk the current team's chemistry or would Tmac has to swallow his pride and be the 6th man?

18. ibm

ibm Member

eh, you said that, not me. i merely asked.

and i wasn't asking you (unless you have multi-names on this board). :p

19. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Ariza stays in the Starting Lineup, its Shane who is hitting the pine.

Brooks
    TMAC
    Ariza
    Scola
    Hayes

That actually doesn't look to bad of a lineup and strengthens are bench with the Shanester taking a seat but honestly its not who starts but who finishes ala Kenny Smith and Sam Cassell :D

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Another theory
    Not only do they want to confuse the fans, but also the opponents.
    They don't know our identity and whom to play against.
    ;)