1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] McGrady, Rockets send mixed signals on return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket4Life11, Nov 9, 2009.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LOL

Thats not the issue though, why is he saying crap without informing the team?!?!?

Especially after what happened last year?

I'm tired of his pompous attitude, he is not above the rockets staff and coaches, he doesn't have the right to make those decisions.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think people need to wait a while and see what actually happened....I have yet to see a quote from him saying he's returning on the 18th - seems like it's just Yahoo - but in his email, it doesn't mention that date...weird.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol and you believe it all. He wrote an EMAIL. Hello? He claimed to be ready and expect to play on 18th. And? Its not his decision. No big deal until he revolts. And that did not happen. Yet.

4. silentpayne

silentpayne Member

i hope he comes back with good impact, still, he should have discussed with the team first before making a big fuss though.

5. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

If it is all a misunderstanding then of course I would retract that statement, but given the circumstances of him announcing surgery to avoid getting traded speak for themselves.

Inside I am rooting for tmac to do well on the rockets just as much as you bud, try to understand that.

As much as I used to love the guy, you have to remain objective, tmac is not always right, and is not always going to do what is in our best interest, try to understand that. For me the rockets will are ahead of any player.

6. ACL1

ACL1 Member

i've been watching people jump on and off the t-mac. he'll probably be booed by some idiots the first time he steps on the toyota enter ( i personally will never boo anyone as long as they have the Rox uni on). but the next time there is a close game; lets say lakers over time again, and this time we have a guy willing to show up and take the last second shot ( unlike the last game where our supposed go to guys choked) , and lets say he makes it, all will be forgotten and everyone will be on his bandwagon.
    this team may have great chemistry, but still does not have THE GUY with the killer instinct in it, that is what T-Mac, Olajuwon, , leBron, Kobe, etc and all that have been or become superstars have, and you cant teach that. You can't bring Ariza and give him a personality implant and expect him to be someone else at the last 20 secs of a game. we saw what happened.
    as much as i love this year's team , i do not see that in anyone ( maybe Scola but he is limited). There was reason Hakeem was Hakeem, and Robinson never became Hakeem.
    So Knock him down as much as you want, he is one of the top 10 talents in a league where individual talent is needed to succeed. when the game is on the line he wants the ball, and isn't scared if he makes it or misses it. I bet you if you ask any opposing coach in the league they much rather have Ariza, Brooks, scola, or anyone else have the ball have in their hand in the last position of the game, than TMac even on one leg.

1 person likes this.
  7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Sounds like a guy wants to earn a contract. Maybe the Rockets want to see a sample of their team before they let Mcgrady go?

8. Landlord Landry

I thought these kind of decisions were left up to Stephen A Smith?

9. echu888

echu888 Member

Nice one. This has more to do with mcgrady's poor track record of flakiness than anything else.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Rockets ahead of player approach is commendable. I understand every word you say. As far as McGrady concerned, I am more laid back. That dude keeps on doing things which are unfathomable to the public eye because he was once a star and might rise again.

11. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

How in the hell does he fit in to our system now

12. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I agree. I'm one of the few here that misses the days when Sefko was more critical as the beat-writer. And I miss Robertson being controversial in The Post.

Now, any bad publicity is seen as a direct hit on the team's financial bottom line. In the "old days" 3 or 4 articles daily in the papers were a simply a boon to the franchise.

I'm very proud of this franchise though. They're a definite class act, but I wish there was better sports journalism going on in Houston now.

13. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

The Rockets team is enjoying this offense and love each other as teammates as there are no egos and no one is superior to another. They love the no stars, underdog status and am pretty sure they don't really want Mac back.

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Ok, thats never happening. I can tell you that much. First off, if he tries to get into star form, he would be taking away from the game we are already playing.

We don't want someone shooting the ball that many times a game. We take what the defense gives us. Which is why you see so many diff people scoring. The only thing I want from tmac is his ability to make smart passes and play good defense for the first time sicne he became a star. That is all I have to ask of him, him doing too much would harm us.

15. Dream Shake 81

Look, he is human. I go to a lot of games, and watch many on TV. He sits on the bench watching every play. Dont you think he wants to get back on the court??!! I mean, in retrospect he was one of the best on that court. He has his finger on the trigger...and it's getting itchy. Everyone should be glad he's wanting to come back sooner than later.

1 person likes this.
  16. whatevar93

whatevar93 Member

Hm... I wonder how this board would react if Yao declared he would be back on Nov. 18th without consulting with the team first.

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Totally agree. What is he thinking? Is he trying to get traded?

18. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Can you image the team would be like with a couple of solid, athletic front-court/post players? Now the Rockets can do that by trading away TMac & Yao for 2 solid front court players. I wonder what the Raptors' would think if we send TMac & Yao there for Bosh + another big body.

19. Jordan16Htown

Jordan16Htown Member

uhh ohhh TMAC!

20. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

give it a break, its not even halfway through the beginning of the season yet.