1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: McGrady injured, questionable for tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nikolatran, Oct 11, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

lol i was waiting for u to say that.

a lazy dude that lost 10lbs over the offseason??? :confused:

i wish i was that lazy

2. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Man! My freakin' heart dropped when I saw the title of this thread, lol...

3. apocclass

apocclass Member

its ok, im more interested in how francis performs anyway. now that we know the athleticism is still there, im hoping everything else will start to comeback as well.

4. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

yea maybe this will let francis play 25-30 mins so we can see what else he has to offer. there's a logjam on the perimeter anyways and tmac has his spot locked. why not let francis/james/alston play together a lot and we see who's really the 2 best out of the 3.

5. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

weed?

6. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

don't worry,that guy is proven YOF

7. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

what else did he have besides his athleticism? :D

8. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

I know right!!!11one!!onehundredeleven!!1

9. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

All the minutes that JVG made him log last year.

Van Grumpy strikes again...

10. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

wow, ur just a francis hater. so u can avg 20, 5, 5 w/o having much besides athleticism?

i want to see if he still has a decent mid-range shot and has he expanded his 3pt shot?

i want to see if he can run the 2nd unit as the PG. i want to see if he can play off the ball (or has he caught up to the offense yet)

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Mc Grady should play even if its a few mins. it will help to push the blood through the damaged area and will speed up its recovery.

12. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

this is just a hunch but i think francis will have a tougher time transitioning into adelman's offense than van gundy's.

13. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

um no. JVG's the toughest if ur a perimeter player. less possessions, slower tempo, no/little fastbreak, not many easy baskets... u think that's fun to play if you're a perimeter player?

tmac didn't care what system b/c he's so good offensively he can adjust to any system.

francis needs fast-break, easy pts... if he just learn how to play w/o the ball, he'll fit into this team perfectly. he can use his individual skills when he plays w/ the 2nd unit.

14. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

lol i dont want to see francis show his individual skills by going one on one for 15 seconds.

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

that's why u wanna watch him for extended mins to see if he has altered his game throughout camp.

and it's preseason. it can't hurt to play francis a lot u know. these games don't count. so if that's the francis we see, we use him as trade bait.

if francis turns out to have potential, we consider trading alston.

use this camp to see who can really fit into our rotation.

16. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

thats great but there is no way we're even thinking of trading rafer unless francis shows he's the second coming of magic :D

17. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

*Looks at moniker* *Disregards post*

18. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

yes we have thought about trading rafer. that's why we got these players. rafer himself thought he would be traded.

but i think morey wants to see them try out first before he starts dealing any of these guys.

if francis just shows he can shoot around 43% on his shots, can play off the ball when he's on the floor w/ tmac, i don't mind him doing what he does if he's with the 2nd unit b/c he can be tmac if he wants to since he's still great individually (just not w/ tmac and yao).

then i'm fine w/ trading rafer. fromt he first game, when james played w/ tmac and yao, he passed at the rate that i liked a lot. then he took his shots when tmac and yao sat out in the 2nd half. francis can do the same in that sense.

so i'll trade rafer if francis proves to be a "good" role player.

i love alston but nobody guards him. his guy ALWAYS leaves him open and he can't covert his shots at a higher rate.

w/ francis/james, the other guy has to at least respect their penetration and finish around the rim so that could open up the spacing for tmac and yao.

i feel we don't need a pass-first PG. the last few championship teams have not had one. heat, spurs (parker is a scoring PG), lakers, bulls...

alston is as expendable as expired cheese. but the expiration date isn't until the trading deadline so we can keep him till then.

19. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

francis is still horrible at running a break. i'll take the good with the bad with rafer because at least he can run a break and has great court sense.

20. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

you read what you wanted to read.

1. i said "i love tmac"
    2. i said "no, not really"

i think this whole thing just makes me think about the REGULAR SEASON. how something like this will probably happen again. it always does.