1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Legends Disscussing the Art of the Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. bigreg

bigreg Member

For once, I absolutely agree with you, Tinman. Good stuff.

2. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

it's funny that the lakers tried to use their tradition of big men as a selling point to dwight, houston's isn't too shabby either, that strategy may have worked against the lakers

3. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

fun read. i'm really excited to see how dwight evolves the more he's exposed to traditional post up players.

4. bbjai

bbjai Member

I'm going to disagree here, why does a rocket fan have to know who Ralph Sampson is??? I'm 25 I barely know Hakeem or Clyde and I just can't connect to the grainy videos. The only past Rocket players I know and admire are from the Yao T-mac era. Heck the oldest guy I remember is Bobby Sura and David Wesley.

Is it really that much of a crime to not know the greats to the point where your not a fan? How many Laker fans out there know about their legacy. All these guys in the 25 Yo and under bracket couldn't possibly connect to guys like James Worthy, Jerry West etc....

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hayes did not participate in the roundtable discussion for this article. Shame. But at least he was at Dwight's official presser. I really want to know the story behind Moses' no show.

6. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

1) Great post OP. I play the C too when able so it was great to know what the position means from legends' perspectives.

2) The meaning of intangibles as discussed by these guys made me appreciate it more.

3) Dwight just needs to be Dwight. Not a successor of Hakeem or Yao or anyone else. He just needs to pave his own destiny.

4) Yao plays water polo? :eek::grin:

7. Nawad70

Nawad70 Member

And he thought he was leaving pressure when he left LA. Got news for him.:eek:

8. tzou88

tzou88 Member

This is absolutely THE most important point of any argument about Dwight's effectiveness. Pre-back injury Dwight was a wholly dominant force every team had to worry about every minute he was on the floor. As long as Dwight gets back to at least 90% of pre-injury effectiveness, Rockets will have a very bright future.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just a friendly FYI. It's considered "bad form" to quote the entire article from another source on ClutchFans (or anywhere, actually). Proper etiquette has quotes taken from the article or column in your post making your point, with the link to the original. That way, the author gets the hits because he/she created what we're enjoying reading (and this is an enjoyable read!). Makes sense when you think about it, no? And it's Clutch's policy, which is even more germane.

I did the same thing a couple of times when I first started posting here 11 years ago. :)-

Great OP, mikol!

#49 Deckard, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  10. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

I'm only 23 but I've grown up with the Rockets since I was a kid thanks to my dad. I've watched videos ranging from the days of Calvin Murphy to Ralph to Dream to Yao/Mac and to present. It doesn't necessarily make you a bad fan but to Tinman's defense he's just saying that fans should get to know the history. I mean there's a reason why our website started as Clutchcity then became Clutchfans because our history is responsible...during the 1994 title run we went from "Choke City" to Clutch City.

You're not a bad fan man but maybe you should take a look at some of the stuff from the past and get an understanding of where this franchise came from

1 person likes this.