1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron]Kid sent home because of Rockets Logo shaved on his head

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, May 13, 2009.

1. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

When I looked at the title, I thought it was something about trading Jason Kidd to the Rockets. :D

2. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Houston ISD have much more pressing issues. It is nice to see they are spending their time punishing kids with Rockets logos on their heads.

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

The New Freedom is gayer than the pink Celica T230 I saw coming home from work.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i think this is the same school with the swine flu issues.

the teacher must be a spurs fan or something.

POS teacher.

I went by an elementary school yesterday where this former RPD used to work at, and the new PE teacher was wearing a Shane Battier Jersey.

How come they didn't send her home.

come home LQ

5. TheBigAristotle

David Stern is behind this.

6. Dei

Dei Member

Was she wearing anything else underneath?

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

1st amendment violation. Clutch hire a lawyer for the kid.

8. Mr. Space City

so kids can wear flamboyantly colored shoes but cant support their team by sporting a rockets logo in their head? shoot i had a nike check in my head during grade-school and it was fresh lol :D

if they really want to take away everything thats distracting in the classroom, take away all the hot girls with the T&A :p

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Kam doesn't remember... he was getting all over it before he could note if she was or not. ;)

10. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

America... the land of the.. oh shlltt.. guess I didn't get that memo, i'll stop right here!

11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

http://www.alexanderhamiltonms.org/dresscode.htm

Those things are kind of iffy. I don't seen distractions in most of those things. In fact, when I was in middle school, most kids were wearing the stuff above, like Cut-off/torn jeans, baggy pants, strapless tops, and there was even this chick who had piercings everywhere (on her nose, tongue, chin, nips and labia) . . . it wasn't really distraction at all, except for maybe 2 minutes on the first day of class. The sweat pants, overalls, and gym clothes .... IDK what the deal is with that.

So public school wants to be the new DMV office. We were required to have student IDs, but if we didn't have them...we just weren't allowed to check out books and buy certain things in school store. Being threatened for suspension is the most ridiculous thing I've heard for not having an ID...so basically that's like getting into a fight or cursing at the teacher.

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

If he had put the Lakers logo, #24, #23, or LBJ on his head, it wouldn't have been on the news. Because, the kid wouldn't have been suspended.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

yes. a shirt i think if i recall.

14. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Precisely why my son will be home schooled. Can't really complain about the schools though I guess all of American has changed not just the schools.

15. TheBigAristotle

You do know home-schooled kids are all useless cyborgs that lack social skills and sunlight though?

16. coolthunderz

coolthunderz Member

The Princple is Kobe

17. DESMONDDD

DESMONDDD Member

i will get that hair cut and shock everyone in my o :cool: ffice tomorrow

18. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

WOW. First they ban religion in public schools (freedom of religion, right?), then they ban the Rockets....I thought this was a free country? Freakin' fascist mofo's.

19. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I think it's easier to teach someone social skills than to unteach being a complete disaster of a human being.

20. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Surprised anyone is batting an eye at this... this is pretty standard now.