1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Kenny Smith is once again on the Rockets' side

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, May 15, 2015.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Plenty of room. Hop on!

[​IMG]

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kenny Smith didn't say he's hated the Rockets ever since he left. He just said he hasn't been a fan and I don't really blame him. Objectively since the 90's the Rockets have put up some stinkers of teams that weren't very fun to watch. I mean a lot of this series up until 4th quarter last night wasn't great.

Most of us have some tie to Houston so we root for the Rockets because that is our tribal identity. Kenny Smith was a professional basketball player and paid analyst. It shouldn't be surprising that he doesn't share the same fanaticism that we do.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Welcome to the party... Beers in the cooler...

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I like it better when they are against us, makes winning fun.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'll take all the positive vibrations we can get. Welcome home, Kenny!

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yes, but it still bugs me a little- c'mon, Kenny, you don't see Sean Elliott abandoning the Spurs, do you? Or Reggie Miller- that guy supports the Pacers no matter how much they suck?

Now that I think about it,- yeah, screw Kenny Smith- we've got enough people on the bandwagon- and we should hold him to a higher standard. I'm now officially on the "Goodbye Kenny Smith" bandwagon about Kenny Smith wanting to jump on the Rockets bandwagon.

#86 dandorotik, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
  7. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. Htown4life420

Htown4life420 Member

9. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Did Dream stop supporting or Clyde stop supporting the Rockets? Just a role player that thinks he's more than something he really was. BTW, we have the real JET. Jason Eugene Terry.

10. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

If it wasn't for the Houston Rockets I doubt Kenny would have that cushy job at TNT. He wants to jump back on only when he feels they can win. Nice try fake ass jet nobody's buying it.

11. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

12. m0lson

m0lson Member

jon barry is a punk. all i remember was people double teaming yao and barry missing wide open 3 after 3. he should feel grateful for houston for even giving him another chance at the nba because no team wanted him afterwards

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

To be fair, Kenny was not a lifelong Rocket. He played a significant part of his career for the Rockets, but he didn't start with the Rockets and didn't end with the Rockets.

Both Elliot and Miller pretty much spent their whole career with their respective teams.

I'd give Kenny a pass.

14. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Wow people talking smack about Kenny being a "bandwagon". Are you for fcking real? I don't even like this team but that dude did more for this franchise then any of the "fans"? This is like those idiots talking smack about T-Mac.

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Ok, you convinced me. I'm back on the "Welcome Kenny smith bandwagon" to accept him on the Rockets bandwagon.

1 person likes this.
  16. Homey the Clown

Crybabies. You're not obligated to cheer for your former team. If he does, cool. If not, oh well.

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Nope, he is not obligated to cheer for his former team and were not obligated to except him back in the family. Crybaby.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This is absolutely hilarious! But true.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yup.

Sugarcoat-y and a verbose way to say "I didn't like them when they lost, but now that they have a chance to win and advance, I'm all for them!"

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

kenny knows how difficult it is for a road team to win a game 7……not surprised a douchebag such as himself would latch onto this team all of a sudden now. i mean don't get me wrong i appreciate his role in helping us get 2 titles. it's sort of like, ya he's a douchebag no doubt, but he's still our douchebag :)