1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Kenny Smith is once again on the Rockets' side

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, May 15, 2015.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I hope that your health is back on YOUR side, friend!

2. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Not complaining, just commenting on my observation. We were under the tunnel leading out to the field (he had thrown out the first pitch), and there was no one else around. It struck me as awkward and as a 17 year-old a bit condescending that he would not make eye contact or so much as utter a single word after I congratulated him on the ring and his accomplishments that season. As my first sentence reflects, he was a major contributor to our championship run and for that I'll always be grateful.

3. joxford

joxford Member

True Rockets fans won't welcome his bandwagoning ass. He doesn't deserve to call himself a Rockets fan or use the term "My rockets". He can cheer for us, but he doesn't get to make a claim to to the team if he wasn't here for the bad times just as much as the good times.

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Whenever I think of Kenny Smith as a Rocket my next thought is thank Jesus for Sam Cassell. Truth.

And to agree with several posters, I would like to officially say **** Kenny Smith. You are not the Jet, you are not the best PG on the Rockets Championship teams and, despite your pandering, you're not going to coach in the NBA.

5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Well he signed for you when he could have just brushed you aside ,that says something .. He could have had anything on his mind ,girl trouble ,sick relative ,hell maybe had too many stadium hot dogs

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

Confirmed jinx by Kenny, Rockets lose heartbreaker game 7.

7. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

It could have been a bad day like I said in my post. That's why I also said that I'd like to hear if anyone else has had a different experience.

8. Flop

Flop Member

And if we lose game seven they are no longer "my Rockets."

[​IMG]

9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5IiHFHfULV4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

He's lying. He usually defends the Rockets. It doesn't matter if it's subconsciously. He still does it.

11. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I thought it was just me, but I have noticed that he subtly defends the Rockets.

12. Asian Sensation

It's mostly because Barkley is trying to discredit and trash the Rockets when they're on set.

13. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Deep down he knows he has always been a Rocket.

14. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

Fck Smith Fck Charles Fck TNT Fck whoever cares about their opinions and views just because they switch sides!

15. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I love you and what you did for us in the championship years...but **** off this comeback train doesn't accept Bs bandwagon fans

16. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Y'all are nuts. Kenny Smith is a Rocket for life, whether he knows it or not.

GROW THE 'STACHE BACK KENNY

#56 Hippieloser, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

isnt it an unwritten fan rule that once you stop being a fan of a team, you cant call them "my team" again?

18. beardsanity713

Really now you a fan dude is a joke man he was right along hating with everyother espn nba tv tnt analyst now all of a sudden my Rockets???? F**k kenny smith....he has never defended the rockets on anything..he always claim that new york homer bs...now they my Rockets gtfoh joke joke joke...
    him jon barr shaq charles stephen a skip hubie brown lakers fans lin fans dwight harden haters f**k them all...Houston vs the world

19. beardsanity713

Really now you a fan dude is a joke man he was right along hating with everyother espn nba tv tnt analyst now all of a sudden my Rockets???? F**k kenny smith....he has never defended the rockets on anything..he always claim that new york homer bs...now they my Rockets gtfoh joke joke joke...
    him jon barr shaq charles stephen a skip hubie brown lakers fans lin fans dwight harden haters f**k them all...Houston vs the world

20. Asian Sensation

"what" ?