1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Justice: Alexander willing to roll dice on coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Apr 12, 2011.

1. plates300

plates300 Member

I don't see any other coach out there that can do what Adelman has done given the circumstances and the talent level or there lack of that we have. I would hate for the players to have to adapt to a new system and start back from scratch. Let's hope Adelman gets at least another crack at it.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Well if they go after SVG then its clear they are doing everything possible to get Dwight Howard.

I guess thats a plan.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Don't worry, half the roster turns over every year anyway.

If you think about it, all the ingredients are here for coaches to be lining up to take the job:

-Lack of roster stability (high turnover in personnel every year)
    -No all-stars
    -An owner who punishes you for doing a good job with what you're given

I mean what top-flight coach wouldn't be banging down Leslie's door right now?

1 person likes this.
  4. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

If this is the plan/gamble, I could definitely live with that. And I would also laugh my a$$ off if we pulled it off.

It would be like Dwight saying he wanted to keep the coach and trade the entire team or city and making it happen.

5. DragonGirl

DragonGirl Member

Very good plan. This team is built for superstar center and only one left is Dwight. Do everything we can for Dwight. Hire Stan Van Gandy and probability increases. Trade for Howard best friend Josh Smith and probability increases. Yao Ming retire and probability increases. Howard or bust! In Morey we trust!

6. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Why the hell would Stan Van Gundy go to the team that fired his brother in such an underhanded way?

The way Les is trying to get rid of Adelman is disgraceful and really unwise. There must be some weird control/ego issues going on. Since the trade deadline, the Rockets have been on fire after his system finally took hold. Why mess with the coaching when you couldn't expect this team to win without any size or a superstar?

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I love Les. Let him go now!

8. albuster

albuster Member

LOL. Repped.

9. verti89

verti89 Member

my bad OkayAyeReloaded, i misunderstood your comment regarding him going to Miami.

10. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

No prob. I looked again and saw that I may not have been as clear as I could be, my mistake as well.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'd love to see Adleman return. There is talent on this team , its just missing a couple key pieces which Morey has failed to produce for two consecutive years.

I'd really like to see this same roster minus Yao with a defensive anchor at the C spot ....
    Just seems to me that Les and Co are putting $$ ahead of winning. Maybe they dont feel like they can get the players they need this offseason - a center and an athletic SF who can defend and rather than pay Adleman top dollar they want to get by on the cheap.

I agree completely .... and this team already has a very good staff.

But I also believe that Les is looking at this from a more financial perspective. The way it looks right now , we may have no season or at best a shortened season. Its highly unlikely that they find a better coach than Adleman .... Making change just for the sake of change is usually a bad idea.

12. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I doubt changing the coach is going to turn around the Rox fortunes but coaches are hired to be fired, so Adelman might be out of luck.

I wouldn't mind if Les hired Calipari. Doesn't have the resume of Adelman but a great college coach and has some pro experience. I'd rather roll with a big name coach like him then someone like Elston Turner.

13. Raven

Raven Member

That's nuts, nor do I believe that Les and Daryl would leak their intention to pursue SVG.

And after JVG's less than pleasant exit, why would his brother want to work for Les?

14. worzel gummidge

Or to a team with no superstar player.

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This thread gives me a headache.

Adleman not coaching this team next year gives me a headache

The thought of Adleman coaching in Miami or LA next year makes me puke. (good for him if he gets a talented squad to coach but .... I hate those teams)

The thought of Jerry Sloan replacing Adleman (remote chance) makes me wince at first - I hate the j*zz ..... then I look at his resume and I can deal with it. Probably the only coach available that can measure up to Adlemans credintials.

16. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Sorry, seeing Jerry Sloan coach after Adelman is summarily dismissed will be a giant kick in the gut. Really don't like Sloan.

17. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

i could see him going after calipari...tight with world wide wes...free agents more likely to come...still a silly idea of getting rid of rick...and stan van gundy signed an extension last year