1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Justice: Alexander willing to roll dice on coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Apr 12, 2011.

1. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

I already told you I get your point. I also never said the Rockets wouldn't have beaten the Bulls, it's just you happen to be playing against the best player ever. Dream is great but Jordan is the goat. Get your homer goggles off please.

2. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Why would anyone really want to get rid of Adelman? He took our no-all-star teams for the past two seasons and finished each time with a winning record. I know that it sucks to miss the playoffs, but seriously? Get Adelman the players if you want that result!

Just another example of an owner, unable to do anything else, thinking that he's making an improvement just by letting the coach go. Adelman is not the problem.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

So you just made this ish up or what?(Not an actual article?) You wanted to pass this along as someone else's garbage, not your own?

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'm as tough on our local coaches as anyone, but this recent trend in Alexander-bashing is way overblown. He's been great to this franchise and us fans his entire tenure. He's not a tightwad, he's involved without interfering, he's continuously made great hires...sorry he isn't a magician that could heal Yao's feet or McGrady's...issues.

I will say I don't like how he's proceeding right now, if it does turn out that he's tossing Adelman aside for Larry Brown.

5. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

the article is in the chronicle today idiot

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gee thanks! Can you provide a link for this idiot? This idiot isnt seeing said article. Or did you read this in print?

7. choujie

choujie Member

Really? How many times Rockets went over luxury tax in last 10 years? By how much?

After every trade deadline, Rockets' payroll got shrinked.

8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

He's either making it up or confusing Justice with Feigen (which already had a thread). I don't see any reason why a newspaper would run a story in print but not publish it online.

1 person likes this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I can't find it. I think you're full of 2 dollar bills.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Maybe denniscd is from the future?

11. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/justice/7518923.html

I believe this is the story denniscd referenced in his earlier thread. Merge if possible?

A short excerpt:

The bottom line appears to be that the Rockets believe Adelman was the right guy to coach a veteran team built around Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming but that he might not be the best guy to coach a younger team, a team in transition.

If they do decide to get rid of him, I sure as hell hope they get a replacement that is comparable or else the fans and media alike will blast ownership for making a short-sighted and whimsical move.

12. rawool

rawool Member

The photo used made me laugh.

[​IMG]

I'd like Adelman to stay, but I'm also open to explore other options.

13. nwcougar1

nwcougar1 Member

The Rockets will not find a better coach than Adelman. It's unbelievable that Alexander thinks we can improve this team by simply replacing the coach.

Memo to Alexander: The reason the Rockets aren't winning consistently is because they we haven't had consistent players that can produce for the team night in and night out. It's the players... not the coach!

14. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

If Les doesn't keep Rick, I can see Rick coaching the Miami Heat next season. They would be thrilled to have a coach like Rick and they would have a better shot to get a ring.

15. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

He He Me too. This pic deserves a caption thread.

"Why dont you pass it to Brooks? He is the best player we have, he could of won us the game"

"Why the hell did you drive to the rim when Bud was open from the half way line?"

16. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I don't understand why Alexander would want to get rid of Adelman. The coach isn't a toy, that you get bored after playing with it for 5 years and then decide you need a new one.

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Its all about $$$$.

This tells me two things -

1) Les doesnt believe the team will compete in the near future.

2) A lockout is a real possibility.

Otherwise why on earth would you downgrade your coaching staff ?

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Ive said this (or the Lakers) multiple times since this subject came up .....

OMG Les are you that cheap or just a dumbass ?!

19. Raven

Raven Member

The only theory that makes any sense is a rift between Daryl and Rick.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I cant see that as being the only issue - it boils down to money.

Why pay top dollar for a coach if you dont have the talent to compete.

Why pay top dollar for a coach if there is no season .....

There is no obvioulsy better option to coach this team than Adleman. Its hard to upgrade from a HOFer.