1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] "I feel good," McGrady said. "It's good to be pain-free."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rob English, Apr 4, 2006.

1. dygaction

dygaction Member

yes, I agree. Actually I am happy that we are playing for lottery now so that there is no rush to put TMac back to the court.

2. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Half the block he got last night wouldn't be there if the post players went up strong, like they do in the NBA.

3. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Agree as well, JVG is saying that he wants to compete with the players that he has on the court, he realizes that this season is all but done, and that the future is more important

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

what is better for his back .. strength or flexibility?

Rocket River

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

you will have to excuse my ignorance on college announcers...Im one of the few here that doesnt really pay much attention to college sports.

Im still curious about the definition of a tweener as used earlier.
    I was always under the impression it described someone who was too small for a PF, but not quick enough for SF.

6. tone-weezy

tone-weezy Member

no

he wasn't nursing anything when preseason began. It was halfway through the preseason when his tendonitis flared up.

7. istream

istream Member

I honestly think TMAC should be on the court if he is "pain-free". It would be a sign of him supporting his teammates, not being a quitter but a real competitor, and let the fans see what a dominant Yao and healthy TMAC has to offer going into next season. Wasnt too long ago JVG mentioned establishing a "winning culture" and bringing TMAC would be consistent with that attitude in my opinion.

8. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

you have a good point... but in this stage of the season, I wouldn't play him man... that's just non-sense.. a "winning culture" could wait to be established next season...lets just rest him now and make sure that he is healthy and ready to bring a championship home next season..

9. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    OK, somebody please photoshop Shawn Bradley's head onto the torso, and a screaming T-mac head and torso onto the legs.

10. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

So he'll get 3 blocks a game instead of 6? Where do I sign?

I'm very high on Noah, and pretty surprised at some of his detractors in this thread. People are saying that he's too skinny for the league. I guess Bosh, Chandler, Camby, Gasol, and KG are too skinny for the league. Noah right now is no worse than any of those guys were before they were drafted.

He's 6'10"-6'11", got long arms and is very quick. And the most important thing is that he's got a wonderful motor and constantly hustles on both ends of the court. This is before mentioning that he's got a pretty good handle for a big guy, can face guys up and attack the rim, and has the ability to pass the ball well for a PF.

I'd take him #1 over anyone else in this draft. With that size, length, quickness, and motor his downside has to be at least a "Quality starter", and his upside is absolutely crazy. I'm talking Marcus Camby's defense plus Pau Gasol's offense crazy.

Too bad we'd need to win a top 3 pick to land him.

11. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I don't know of the rest but Bird, Magic and Lebron were not overrated. I don't know what you mean by that though. Heck Yao was arguably underrated coming in.

Talking about Noah and Camby - Marcus carried his Umass team. He had offensive game then and now. For now though it is only limited to that arching jumper. It is unfair to Marcus to mention his name [for now] in the same breath as Noah. Noah cannot hold Camby's candle. Noah has a looong way to go.

12. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

Yup...camby was a beast in college, and he OWNED Tim Ducan while he was in college.

13. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

I don't watch a lot of college ball, that's only the impression I had watching title game. I'm not overly impressed, then again, I don't watch enough. I'm all for bettering out PF position though.

The thing is, that game is so lackluster, I don't get the chance to see much offensive side of his game.

14. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Perhaps we should rename the thread "Joakim Noah Hot or Not?"

Considering that the thread was completely jacked, I suppose I should follow suit: I'm a big believer in Noah in a system where he doesn't have to be the primary banger down low, and I suspect he'll have a very similar learning curve to Darko in the league. Please note that they are two completely different players, but both are finesse 7 footers who thrive on the perimeter and have A+ shot blocking skills. If Noah goes to a team that forces him to play down low, I think he'll struggle. If he goes to a system with a big body who can protect him, he'll flourish like at Florida, and like how Darko is blossoming in Orlando.

Now obviously, I've been leading up to the fact that I think Noah would be a good fit on the Rockets, especially after watching his chemistry with Al Horford in the high-low post game. Of course, outside of us drawing a top-3 pick, he'll be long gone if he comes out; and I'm not so positive he'll even do that.

He's reached "I'm Keith Hernandez" status in Gainsville, or at least as close as any non-football athlete can, and he might pull a Matt Leinhart, along with Horford, whose father was an NBA bust who came out of college after his sophmore year, and is pushing his son to finish his degree.

As for T-Mac's back; glad he's feeling better, but I know it must be eating at him to not be on the court. You've got to think that if he's playing on borrowed time, he'll be eying next year as the one to really make a run, with Amare still most likely hobbled (I'd expect a recovery time of another year to get back to playing 100% again for him), San Antonio and Detroit most likely exhausted after another grueling finals, and an entire year of vengeance to take out on Dallas in the first round.

15. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Of course Tracy feels good when he's sitting on the bench in street clothes. The question is how will he handle the rigors of pro level basketball?? I'm a big Mcgrady fan, but as a bigger fan of the team itself, we must ask ourselves is he really the guy who (along with the big man) will lead us to the Finals. Heck, even the playoffs right now would look a good result! ;)

16. MONON

MONON Member

Leave T-Mac on the bench. The 8 games left are meaningless. We need to let the current rotation play their way on or off next season's roster.

As for Noah; I think he and the other underclassmen big men need to stay another year in college. They need more polish and they won't get it sitting on the bench in the NBA. That's the reason there isn't a big man game in the NBA now. All the worthy candidates are sitting on pro benches instead of getting basketball schooling in college.

Will someone help me down off this soapbox please!