1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] huge video screen and arena upgrades coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Sep 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

sidestep,
    In the old setup of the arena, look at the ENDS of the Toyota Center not the main scoreboard. Players (standing at the top of the key) are able to see game information there. I am sure those are to be upgraded as well and a bit bigger.

2. tigereye

tigereye Member

There's another change I haven't seen others mention.

It appears in the suite levels running baseline to baseline, Toyota Center will now have 3 LED Ribbon Boards, as opposed to the 1 lone LED ring that spanned the entire facade (which is still there)

With all that LED signage + Gigantatron over the court, and the overhanging baseline boards, Toyota Center oughta look like Times Square this season.

3. sidestep

sidestep Member

Ah I see. If those end panels remain as they are, I think there may be line-of-sight problems with the crazy size and length of the center panel structure, depending on where a player is standing and facing.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think they are far and high enough, where the players on the court will still be able to see it. Since there are two, one should be visible at all times. Plus, i think the new mega-screen may not be raised all the way in the picture that was posted.

#104 RV6, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  5. sidestep

sidestep Member

The first pre-season game at TC is in 4 days (Friday, 12th). Whatever the final set looks like, we will probably know by then.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The scoreboard goes from FT line to FT line. They should be able to see it.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

From what I heard, or might remember, I don't think they are. They're going to use it for the Rockets first. I don't even think they're using it for preseason. I don't think.

8. mirus

mirus Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>A little chilly inside TC at the moment but no shrinkage evident here. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23megatron">#megatron</a> <a href="http://t.co/zI0hwFXp" title="http://twitter.com/RocketsJCF/status/264858263856771073/photo/1">twitter.com/RocketsJCF/sta…</a></p>&mdash; Jason Friedman (@RocketsJCF) <a href="https://twitter.com/RocketsJCF/status/264858263856771073" data-datetime="2012-11-03T22:35:06+00:00">November 3, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. loveofthegame44

Any word if they will be playing the (not just replays) on the score board like they do at football games?
    Would make the upper bowl a great value.

10. loveofthegame44

Playing the game