1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Hawkins' dream of making NBA team nearing reality

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ron413, Oct 28, 2002.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

How is Kyle Hill doing in the European leagues? Could he be a hidden asset?

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

I believe hes playing on a team with Erik Meek, John Turner and Venson Hamilton. :D

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

thx, I didn't realize how cut he was until I saw that photo. I've seen him move laterally exceptionally quick. That charge he got on McKie was nothing McKie could do about it. He took one dribble and Hawk was at the spot first, using what I like to call a glide shuffle where you shuffle to a spot without really bringing your heels together or planting a foot...a glide propelled with the both ankles. It was funny the look on McKie's face.

imo, there is no doubt he is quicker than Shandon.

#23 heypartner, Oct 28, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2002
  4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

My mistake you guys are right. Kyle Hill, lol codell I forgot all about him!

5. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

What Rice has done for the last two years has little or nothing to do with my opinion. I felt strongly that he was damaged goods and over the hill when the Knicks shipped him here.

Rice has had nearly a whole year to recuperate...and he is still being held out of preseason games for a myriad of injuries other than the original plantar fasciitis. Glen Rice will be very close to 36 years of age when the 2002-03 season ends. We are not talking about a Kevin Willis or Karl Malone fitness freak here. Sorry I don't share the optimism.

Congrats to the Hawk...welcome to the Rockets.

6. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I can't believe that we cut Oscar and Tierre, and kept Hawkins. :rolleyes:

7. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

This is true...He was deemed the lesser of two evils. Now that he is a Rocket,all we can do is hope he can regain his shooting touch and help the team a little while his career winds down..On a very positive note Glen has been nice to the ccnet guys lucky enough to meet him. He has been very positive in the same way with teammates this year.

8. Tha Jay

Tha Jay Member

I like Hawkins' game. First, he always hustling which is more than one can say about some players. Obviously, he plays tough defense and very athletic. On top of that, he goes after the rebounds and can score when given the opportunities. He has a good all around game on both sides of the court. I think he will be a good addition to the Rockets

9. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Glen Rice was held out for hte same reason Michael Jordan was held out. Why would you run a 36 year old out there in the preseason when you know he's healthy enough to play, and risk an injury? It makes no sense. And again, you thought he was over-the-hill from the Knicks days because of the way he played in New York with a foot injury that is HEALED! You keep saying he's washed up because he was held back from injuries that are healed. The Rockets didn't hold him back from preseason because he is "old, injured and washed up", they did it because it was smart.

10. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Hawkins has great speed for a 6'7 guy. I can rreally picture him as a Rocks!:cool:

11. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Good for him!