1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Griffin Back in Jail

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LongTimeFan, Jul 7, 2005.

1. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

It's kinds bogus. Especially if he was just in the parking lot. And if he was in the club, why is that such a bad thing. I'm just being open minded and believe it's a lil silly to send him to jail because he was there. I understand that it must be apart of his probation restrictions.....but it's still silly.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I want him back...big deal, he was at a night club on probation.....oooooohhhh....

I think EG is getting it together, and would welcome him on the Rockets.

DD

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yes, and that violated his probation.

~~ I'm loooocked up, they won't let me out.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

BS. If you do stupid things like he's done, then you get stupid restrictions placed on you that you must abide by. He knew those restrictions yet still violated them. Back to jail with ya!!

If you're dumb enough to violate this probation, you're still dumb enough to screw up a team.

5. DaDakota

Over react much?

Come on, he was in a night club parking lot, big deal. Even if he went IN the night club..big deal.

The fact that he represented himself as a witness to a crime to the police is more important to me, he was not trying to hide.

DD

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I agree it is no big deal. Assuming he is getting his life together, bBring him back if the price is right.

7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

LOL.

I once had a beautiful but crazy girlfriend. When I lost her, I lamented to a friend, "You can't make someone beautiful." And he said, "Yeah, but you can't make someone sensible, either."

We think we can fix a personality more easily than we can fix a body. But sometimes you just can't.

8. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Wouldn't any of us get 5-10 mandatory on this?

These athletes will never learn until they get the same treatment.

9. DaDakota

That depends on whether it is personality, or simply youth and lack of maturity.

I think EG is in the process of maturing, and don't think it is a personality flaw at all.

DD

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Look at the bright side: He's not likely to get in trouble for the next two weeks.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Dude, I dated that woman, too!! ;)

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

What it shows me is a lack of responsibility and respect. What kind of idiot would present himself as a witness to anything when he ain't supposed to be there? He either thought he could get away with it, that the court and the police weren't going to keep track of him, or he didn't think about it, and didn't make it a conscious effort to understand the terms of his probation. Either way, he's a stupid, selfish idiot that doesn't know how to think straight.

13. aries323

aries323 Member

Big freakin deal, he`s 23, want some booty from a fine lady up at the Roxy, jeez... I mean c`mon, and yeah, he`d be great next to Yao. If he can stay out of jail/

14. danielf

danielf Contributing Member

Actually, if you witness some criminal activity then it is the honourable thing to do even if it is going to get you into trouble. It may also be a criminal offence not to come forward as a witness if you were one.

On the other hand, if you are on parole, you are released only at the courts pleasure, and if you aren't supposed to hang around near nightclubs then you are stupid for doing so. Those guys are pretty literal.

15. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

This is the last straw...

He'll be a Trailblazer for sure now.

16. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

At least you are consistent. That is one of your good traits . When I read the initial post in this thread, I asummed you would show and I was right :D

--------
    Eddie's growing pains is unfortunate. We have all done stupid things but that is never an excuse. This is not the first time he violated his probation but this is the first time he has been caught. There was another time when a fellow Clutchfan (a reputable one) described an encounter with Eddie last off-season right before he signed for Minny. In that account, Eddie was out late into the night (about 4am) - a clear violation of his probation but luckily for him no one reported him so he thought he got over. People violate their probations and that usually lull's them into thinking that can always get away with it in most cases.

I do not want him on my team at any price - not because he is not good - because his yoke maybe too much on our team and will likely cause distractions that will be detrimental to our betterment.

PS. Who do you think reported him to his probation officer? Enstranged girlfriend? Family of the girl he alleged shot/beat up? Tracking device? Surveillance camera? It is usually rare for people to be caught violating their probation without the benefit of an arrest or media exposure....

17. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

None. None more dumber.

18. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

The collective Rightiousness of some of the folks in this thread is a little overwhelming. He is guilty of being young, immature, rich, having a lot of time on his hands, and being pursued by beautiful women willing to do anything he wants. I should be so lucky. Fortunately, I am old enough and mature enough to be more discreet. If I was nineteen, I may have made the same mistakes. Give him some room and some time to mature, after all, he didn't hold up a liquor store or a 7/11 and shoot the proprietor. And, yes I would take him on this team again, but he won't come for vet minimum like we could have gotten him last summer.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What evidence do you have of that? He showed flashes again with the Timberwolves, but again was inconsistent and generally mediocre. He's back in jail, but this time he didn't shoot at anyone. Perhaps that's a sign he's maturing.

Have you ever been on probation? I have. You know what I didn't do? I didn't break the conditions of my probation. When the average person is on probation, they understand fully well what they are and aren't able to do. Eddie should have an even clearer understanding, as he has a great lawyer to refer to. Hell, guys like Eddie can call their lawyer anytime they may possibly be unclear as to whether something is or isn't in violation of the terms of their probation. Eddie, however, just didn't care. He wanted to live his life the way he wants, court rulings be damned. That is not a sign of maturity. That is immature, child like behavior if I've ever seen it.

By the way, does anyone here actually believe he just showed up to hang out in the parking lot? Who the hell does that?

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

No. He didn't hold up a liquor store and shoot the proprietor. He beat up a woman and shot at her. That's certainly better. I will say I'm certainly glad to hear you're old enough and mature enough to be more discreet than that.