1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Gasol Take 2? Yes, Please

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Feb 14, 2012.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

18.7M/yr for a 31 yr old who averages 1.5 pts and 4 boards more than Scola -WITH the benefit of havig Kobe on the floor drawing double teams - PASS!

3 years ago? sure! with a 12M/yr contract? yep! Now? no freakin way!

Two years from now, Gasol will be 33 and represent OVER A THIRD of a teams TOTAL capspace... his contract is suicide!

2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

If it just takes Martin and Scola... then hell yeah, give me Gasol.

If Lowry has to be included... then hell no.

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

if we trade scola and martin then were gonna probly get gasol and barnes

4. Red&BlackPudman

Lowry will not be included. He is Morey's prized posession that he sees as a point guard for a championship team. The Dragon could go, and a three team deal is the most likely if this happens.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gasol take-two? No thanks.

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Gasol doesn't want to play here, and he's already a whiny emo pouter in a city he *likes*. I dont know if this would be a good idea.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

We're taking 2 Gasols? Game!

8. supdudes

supdudes Member

Giving LAL any decent PG is dangerous for the rest of the league...

With that said, if we're rebuilding and aiming for contention in the next few years,

Gasol for Dragic/ Lowry and Scola/ Martin makes sense...Gasol plays like a P***y, but he still is a good second or third option. And his passing abilities are severly underrated

9. Know Your Role

Pau said he did not want to leave LA. That does not mean he doesn't want to play in Houston. He is a 32 year old adult who gets paid millions of dollars to play a kids game. He will do what he is told and give it all he has. Do you guys not understand what a job is? He does his job or he does not get paid anymore.

You don't jeopardize millions of dollars, EVER, for any reason unless you are stupid. Pau is not that stupid, but ignorant fans are. NBA is not about loyalty or your team colors. ITS MONEY.

There is no way Pau comes here and pouts. That's something a virgin teenager does.

That said we need to drop this idea of bringing Pau here and go after Bogut when his injury heals. Get him off the Bucks and onto a real team.

10. CertifiedTroll

I feel uneasy about this situation.. I think I just don't like Gasol honestly.. What would our rotation look like?

11. Know Your Role

It made some sense when it was going to happen before the season, but is silly at this point. Unless it came with a top 5 1st round pick that LA does not have. No point in trying to raise the dead, we should set our sights higher. Bogut, Howard, Hibbart, etc.

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I'm starting to think Pau Gasol might be the most underrated player in the history of the NBA. He's worlds better than Andrew Bogut and Roy Hibbert. My goodness.

13. Know Your Role

33 year old vs. 27 or 25. No contest, Pau has 3 mediocre years left before he's done. He is not the guy from 2008, that Pau Gasol is gone. I don't need metrics to see how Pau is declining. Just watch the Lakers. He's not the same guy.

Bogut was becoming dominate before we hurt him. Hibbart is one of if not the most under rated center in the East. Better justify.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Problem is we're trying to compare him to other Centers when he's a natural Power Forward in the league. He's better than both those guys, but he's still not the Center we would need to replace (somewhat) Yao's role on the team.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

AND... Hibbert* (correct spelling) is an all star this year, how is that underrated? :confused:

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

I don't think people realize how much playing with Kobe and no PG is hurting Gasol's production.... A big needs a quality PG. If we got him and were able to keep Lowry and Martin, which I don't think would be impossible in a three way deal, we'd be a legit team in the west.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

But not for Martin, Dragic and Scola.

18. Know Your Role

I hadn't read he made it. Good he is getting proper recognition. Lets edit underrated and say rated all star.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This would be excellent. I just don't think we would be able to keep Martin, though.

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

If the Lakers want Lowry, then I would demand Bynum instead. Lowry and Thabeet for Bynum works in the Trade machine. Dragic will become our starter and it's Flynn one last shot to shine as his backup.