1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Eric Gordon open to signing an extension

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jul 10, 2019.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Didn’t claim hunky dory!

My claim is all the things that people say “embarrass” this franchise and make us look bad, that our style and “subservience” to our star player will turn players away from wanting to play here bullshit...

Is meaningless, dumb and not factual.

Players who have been here and lived in it have decided to come back. For whatever reason it may be. All the “embarrassment” the franchise has brought upon itself, our meddling know nothing GM, our inept coach and me me me me star aren’t enough to make a guy who admitted to being unhappy at times to say I’m done with this “mess”

So like I said.... it’s all overreaction theatre.

2. amaru

amaru Member

I’d be surprised if Gordon was here long term.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

3years $48 million sound reasonable for what he brings and what he means to this team.

He is positive asset for the Rockets.

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

Tillman to the media: "We love Eric and plan on keeping him here by offering him a very generous extension"

Tillman behind the scenes: "Eric please accept these crumbs"

J.R. likes this.
  5. basketballholic

LOL. Add 10 to that range and you'll have what EGo is looking for.

LOL. Sure. Sounds reasonable to us.

Look guys. EGo is wanting his money. K?

Try 3/90. Maybe he'd settle for 3/75.

This is precisely why we have to trade him this summer. He's not going to settle for less than about 3/70. And that's probably lower than he'll settle for. If he doesn't extend he'll be one of the premier free agents next summer IF he stays healthy. He's aging. And he's got a degenerative back condition. He's been great for us. He's been value. But once he signs that huge number deal.... no longer a value play.... and if he gets hurt..... he becomes impossible to move then.

We have to trade him. He needs an opportunity to get paid big money and we can't give it to him.

Gray_Jay and Chamillionaire like this.
  6. Chamillionaire

He's as good as gone because of Tillman.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

EG wanting to stay is 50% of the battle. good news. there was a chance that he wouldn't want to sign an extension because his name is always being shopped around. if that were the case we'd have to either lose him for nothing or trade him for pennies on the dollar since teams know he wants to leave.

however now its up to tilman to pay up. EG took less on this current contract to join us, its likely he's willing to do the same again but will still want / deserve a raise.

8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I love Lou too but he really is a 6th man. His games are up and down and off. No D and cannot start. I would love to have him but the last two seasons point out why EGo was more valuable.

xaos likes this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Nobody is going to pay EGO that kind of money. Not even the Knicks, if they had the cap space.

Gray_Jay and luckyman76 like this.
  10. basketballholic

Doesn't matter. He's not going to sign an extension for a lower figure. That leaves us with potentially NOTHING if he walks in a year. We have to trade him.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  11. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Well, not without Gordon playing an entire year the way he played in March and April. 45-46 percent from 3 on 9-10 attempts a game gets people paid in this league. I don't think he's consistent enough to that year in, year out, so I wouldn't extend him. Especially not if he's asking 20-30 million a year as 'Holic is writing. LOL.

12. rockets13champs

After age 33 I feel Eric Gordon will have a downward trend

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

i dont know about that. hes likely asking north of the +$20 mil range and in this era, we see guys who are worse than him get that kind of money or more. these 2-3 year short term deals aren't exactly out of the realm of possibility for EG. For houston, yeah hes incredibly at value right now but if he wants he can probably leave for more money elsewhere, if both sides don't come to an agreement. EG's #1 attribute is shooting, and it happens to be something the league is coveting