1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Dick Justice:What can the Rockets expect from Yao next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ASidd_1990, Mar 28, 2010.

1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

yeah lets just play yao 10 min a game, best recipe to win...

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Belive me, Richard Justice is not getting that informationg from the Rockets. He tends to speak out of his ass, and really only pays attention to the Astros anyways. If there is one thing I've learned from the Chronicle, it's NOT to take anything to heart that Richard Justice or especially John McClain has to say.

3. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

He's come back twice from injuries and regained star status pretty fast, I'm expecting him to come back with at least 15 and 9 a game.

4. Fullcourt

It's not about Yao's stats, it's about the attention he garners, and the opportunities he creates for others. He takes up so much space and dynamically changes the offensive and defensive gameplans for both teams on the court. Yao gives us something hardly any other team has.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Actually justice has been spot on regarding rummors regarding the Rockets for about 12 months now. plus it's common sense as well.yao is now 30, coming off 3 surgeries and his upper body will continue putting stress on his leg. i think 20 to 25 minutes max sounds about right.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If we can get a genuine star,one or even two of them might have to go. DM tried not to give up Landry but he had to for Martin. A Yao replacement is a must. The only untouchables in the league are Kobe and Lebron/possibly Dirk too.

7. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

we can get al jefferson from minnesota to be the pf to back up yao as well at center by giving up young talent to minny such as ariza, brooks, or even buddinger or lowry

8. Fullcourt

I'll avoid arguing the validity of Richard Justice's past, but you cannot assume that he got this information from the Rockets, especially sense Yao is so early on in his rehab. I'd wholeheartedly agree that it is common sense that Yao will probably see a dip in his minutes from now on, but that doesn't mean that it will happen for sure, especially in the long run. He could have similar results to Big Z, and actually never face serious injury issues again, while logging big minutes.

The point I'm making is that this particular poster shouldn't act like Yao's minutes/productivity next season is a forgone conclusion. With that being said, common sense tells me Yao will see a smaller amount of minutes and, to an extent, have his productivity struggle with his new weight.

9. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Superstars do come in trades though and Yao's expiring contract will be larger than Kwame Brown's contract was.

10. Rochut

Rochut Member

What team in the league would not be thrilled with getting a 7'5" center who averages 17 and 7 over 30 minutes, shoots 50% from the field, and better than 80% from the line?

11. MD_in_Training

Yeah, no point to add a good C to the top seed in the West.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

That makes 18mil?

13. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

A team that has injury problems that keep them from passing the 1st round every year?

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Yao is coming back, draft a big, make Bosh your best offer.

Expect nothing, plan for everything.

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yep, 18m for 25 mins on an uptempo team for the slowest man in the league. Where do i sign up?

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Isn't insanity best defined as doing the same thing and expecting different results?

17. MD_in_Training

How is 25 minutes a game doing the same thing?

18. MD_in_Training

Oh, and that's a pretty good definition for practice.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

can he play more then 25 minutes a game? if so, consider that team lucky.

and of course comparing Bynum's importance to the Lakers and Yao's importance to the Rockets is apples to apples.

20. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

All the Yao haters come out of the gutter when they see a thread about the guy. Personally, I'm not worried, Yao will be fine. The only thing that might be a problem is the teams faith in him. You don't live your life in fear of something, he might get hurt...who knows. But that doesn't mean you don't play him good minutes because of the what if. I know, you disagree..... :cool: .