1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron]Delfino says Rockets have become too predictable on offense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mirus, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Star

Star Member

Delfino is right but I can bet that tommorow's game the team will run the same dumb plays over and over again.

2. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Rockets STILL almost won the last 2 games, so let's give it some time. I do want to see more variation though, as it seems like Rockets were trying to force one play over and over. A bit of deception and counter-plays would throw the defense off just a split second. Also, would help to look for more secondary breaks, as the defensive rebounding outlet should look for Lin, not just Harden. Delfino should be a bit more PC when he talks regardless of what he thinks. It's a team game.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The more McHale teaches the more the rockets will fail

4. hcw128

hcw128 Member

James Harden getting the Yao Ming treatment from refs in the past two game is a big problem

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

They shot poorly 2 nights in a row, got out-rebounded, got out-assisted and shoot low-percentage shots = very small chance of winning the game, it should of been a blowout frankly. I do not like that the final seconds so far, Harden gets the ball and shoots the ball. In team basketball, you find the open man, if your double-teamed. That is how we become predictable, 4 other players are watching Harden instead of moving because either coach told him to shoot it, or Harden decides to be the man. Whatever the case, if we repeat the last 2 games, I see a starting thread of "Fire Morey," or "Sell the team Les." 2-2, okay, but in last place :(

6. conquistador#11

hero ball/teen wolf ball/ iso ball predictable? ( mind blown!)
    the funny thing is we will see the same thing tonight, then we will hear from mctalky about having to share the ball more, the offense being sticky and there not being enough ball movement. =/

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Carlos Delfino speaks the truth through that crazy looking black mouth guard.

8. VanityHalfBlack

If you go to war with no strategy, you lose.... Very god Mr. Delfino, very good...

9. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Finally somebody speaks on it! This year will be ugly but McHale's contract expires after this season right? Let's hope we end up with a miserable record, get a high pick, sign a forward and a back up PG and go to war with a new coach, new jerseys and everything next year :)

10. DreamRoxCoogFan

taking it to the media is not cool. You have a problem, keep it in the locker room. Voicing it is fine, but telling the media makes it a public distraction.

11. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

If Carlos Delfino wasn't playing basketball, he'd be in Argentina pimping ho's for a living

12. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Leave it to the Dilf to speak up. Good for him. I usually try to support the coach regardless, but this is getting ridiculous.

13. VanityHalfBlack

The amazing thing is that the Rockets would have gone 4-0 right now, WOW!!!!! We have not been blown out yet, so that is a plus.... At least we're not the Lakers...

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What's predictable is that players would begin complaining about the offense sooner or later. But since this is a very young team, I would rather the young guys not to complain.

Delfino is the only guy on the team who have the experience to talk. And yeah, Delfino's very unpredictable when it comes to whether his shots will fall.

15. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

“We had this famous trade almost before the first game,” Carlos Delfino said. “We didn’t have a chance to work hard a lot, to play together. You see the Lakers trying to get together. How are we going to do it faster than them when we have the youngest team in the league?”

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/11/lin-bloodied-but-rockets%e2%80%99-self-inflicted-damage-hurt-more/

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Or as predictable as Carlos stepping out of bounds when he tries to drive from the corner.

But he's right. :)

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

funny because i actually think Delfino has the most predictable game on the team. But he does shoot well, and that's something no one else on this team, other than Harden, can say.

18. gambingo

gambingo Member

I guess we can expect Delfino to take 10 3s per game u

I guess we can expect Delfino to take 10 3s per game for at least another month

:grin:

19. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

As predictable as this?????????????????????????????????????????

[​IMG]

20. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

Delfino is right and I think has been a good addition to spark offense off the bench. Great 3 point shooter so far this season.

I think as the season goes on our offense will become more natural. What I like about this team so far is the effort, and defense. Over time our offense will gel and we will win some more games.

We are still a work in progress, and not to sound cliche, but Rome wasn't built in one day, neither were the 90's Bulls or the Lakers of the past decade... a lot of pieces had to be in place, and then they needed time to gel.