1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] conroy is the final cut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HowsMyDriving, Oct 22, 2009.

1. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

So get rid of the player with potential that we spent 2 million dollars on and give his spot to Barry who already said he is retiring?

2. eman

eman Contributing Member

^^You are correct. I'd still like to try something like that for the first few games as a chemistry experiment. You could change the members of the platoons prn, too.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

JT is heading for the D league for at least the first half of the season. He's just not ready for this Hard first part of the schedule.

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

If this move means never having to put Brian Cook on the floor during an actual NBA game, I'm all for it.

5. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'd rather see Joey going down to D-league than JT, who can take it to the rack Wafer-style.

6. aloha

aloha Member

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

2 seconds or less?

Pops
    Scola
    Ariza
    Brooks
    Landry

If we can't win, let's at least bring 150 pt games back to the NBA.

8. eman

eman Contributing Member

Amen, Brother, preach on!

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Hope Conroy makes it with another team. He deserves it. Good luck to Pops.

10. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Is Pops eligible for most improved player?

11. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Hate this move.

We need a 3rd PG. As it is, we only have one true PG as the roster stands now.

We did not need another raw PF who we're not sure can contribute right away.

I loved Conroy's game. Especially if we have to rely so much on defense this year, he's a tough 1 to stop penetration and pressure the ball.

Only Lowry can do that on this team.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh, hell yeah! Bummer about Conroy, but as others have said, if we end up with a spot later and have a reason, the odds are good that he'll still be available. I'm sure Morey and Adelman told him he might be needed during the season and not to get too down. Hope so, anyway.

13. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Anyone complaining about the cutting of Conroy obviously has no grasp of basketball business, and is also short sighted regarding what morey is trying to do.

In the short term, conroy may be better option to balance the roster out, but how can you seriously think that our current roster is championship material and worth balancing.

Morey needs to make more moves, and to do it, he needs to acquire assets. Pops is an asset.

Think long term like the genius that Morey is and you'll see he is planning for something bigger.

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX PEOPLE!

14. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Pops is an asset that no other team wanted to sign. He was an unrestricted free agent available for all 30 teams. What's going to change on October 27th to make other teams want him?

15. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

ukltimately, he is more talented and has proven in preseason games that he is better than conroy. Teams may actually take notice. Look at the Donte Greene trade that brought us artest last year jsut because of his summer league play.

Don't get me wrong, I like conroy, but I see signing Conroy as waving the white flag and accepting that Morey has lost hope in this team and will keep the roster as it is. Morey is not short sighted like that to make the most balance roster NOW, just to make us a 39 win team.

I agree that conroy is a better suit for a current team, but our current tema is honestly not that good to take us to the 2nd round.

16. Kadrak

Kadrak Member

Congrads to Pops! We are going to need him; I forsee a lot of fouls for our frontcourt...I like Chuck as the starter but he is foul prone, so it should be enough playing time for everyone to get in.

17. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

A 3rd PG is needed for balancing works. However seeing how they are working out a contract with Temple at Vipers, I can see the same thing for Conroy.

So if there is any one time when a 3rd PG is needed due to injuries/suspension, then and only then a roster spot will be made for Conroy.

At least this gives more time and position to negotiate a move for Dorsey/Cook as other teams knows Morey is not tied behind his back nor in a rush to make a move.

On the 8th Pf/C comment, I do believe, that Scola/Landry will be the main starters while Pops, Hayes and Anderson is situational players. You need defense, hayes goes in, you need energy, pops goes in, you need some outside shooting, anderson joins the mix.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if Conroy will end up in Europe or back in the DLeauge if he doesn´t make it with another team. Seems Europe should be the option. He already did well in DLeague so littleto prove there. Europe pays better.

19. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

With or without this move being made, I doubt Cook sees any playing time. Adelman might just play the small ball type of game rather then risking the chance with Cook. :D

20. walangjo

walangjo Member

i'd go pops as well. never underestimate the genius of daryl morey.

he has his "own" NBDL team. Conroy and whoever got cut plays there, be developed just like they would in Houston Rockets.

Anytime Morey strikes a deal that opens up a roster spot, he can call up anyone from their cuts anytime.

This is the great benefit of having control of an NBDL team.

Same training, no roster spots taken.