1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] Clemens to pitch ANOTHER "final" home game

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Faos, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I have tickets and will be there. Ha!

2. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Not really because it is pretty much a meaningless game.

3. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Me too. This is great! :) Thought I was gonne get stuck watching Albers and now it might be Clemens instead.

4. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Him and Brett Favre. At least Clemens can still pitch and not have to worry about being blindsided by a linebacker.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Roger Clemens is definitely going for the record number of "final" home games. This will be at least his fourth.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

spoken like a true minnesotan!! :) (is that what you call someone from minnesota??)

7. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I bought seats yesterday night at 1am when I read the news on ESPN.com

Best seats left were section 416, 12 row.

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I'll be at that game too, my uncle has season tickets. I guess that's my bday present.

9. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

He also has the record for the oldest guy to have highlights in his hair.

10. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

This is great news! I bought tickets to this game on Sunday. I knew there was a chance that Roger could be pitching, and it looks like I was right. :D

I'll be there, section 109.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Well, now his reason to come back can be he didn't come back soon enough this year helping, in part, to contribute to our inability to make the playoffs and, therefore, he will come back next season to play the entire season. If you need an excuse, then there it is. I think if we had Roger Clemens the entire season...then we would be in the playoffs this year. I just don't want a repeat of that situation where he comes back a few months into the season. He needs to either hang it up for good or commit to a full season. It would be nice if he could decide in less time than he took last time.

12. raw10628

raw10628 Contributing Member

Maybe he didn't want to go on the road trip :rolleyes:

13. Sishir Chang

Yeppers Minnesotan it is Ya betcha!

I don't have anything against Brett Favre and I'm not a Vikings or a Packers fan but there comes a time when you should hang it up and some people like Favre just won't give it up. I suspect Favre will have to be carried off of the field or uncermoniously dumped by the Packers before he himself decides to retire.

14. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

If he came back for a full season, he'd have lost steam by now and would be struggling in his starts like he did in '05. He might have gotten a few more wins had he come back in April, but I don't think it would have changed where this team stands right now. His body simply can't handle a full-season anymore. But, like he's shown currently, he still has something left, and I would rather have Clemens pitching in the second-half/playoffs than no Clemens at all. I hope he gives it one more go....resigning Pettite would help that effort (Andy doesn't come back neither does Roger), how he performs tonight (injury free hopefully) and closes out the season will be another factor. He's still obviously effective. Him comin back for even a half-season for one last time would go a long way to shoring up that starting rotation, especially considering Backe's done for all of next year.

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

And yet, in his last two games he's gone 56-91, 680 yards, 6 TDs and 1 Int. He's got some juice left; to think that 1st game would be indicative of how he'd play this year is severly underestimating his abilities, even in the twilight of his career.

16. Pocket Rockets

think its a meaningless game now?

is this a football thread? :confused:

17. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

i think they call them useless...

LMFAO!

18. Sishir Chang

Ouch!

19. Sishir Chang

Sorry for the temporary derail of this thread. Yeah you're right that Brett has had a couple of good games and isn't completely shot but its a long season and I'm not sure how many of those big hits he can still take.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

how about if roger plays in april and may to get us to a good start, and then take two months off, and comes back in mid august and september, to get us ready for october.