1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Chuck Hayes close to signing with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

So, as I said, we can't sign and trade Terry.

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

Man, those chili's ads are making me hungry!

3. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Hayes can only stop low post players. If LMA starts taking jumpers, then Hayes is helpless.

4. eman

eman Contributing Member

Don't I remember Chuck checking CP3 on a last possession, out of their last timeout; and CP3 looking back at his bench in utter confusion, like a little dribbler wanting coach to tell him what to do?

5. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I think you all getting a little carried away about Chuck Hayes' current defense. Sure, it's difficult to quantify one's defensive capabilities, but one would think a "defensive stopper" would be able to hold the player he's guarding to a significantly lower FG% than his average. In 2014, Hayes only held the player he was guarding to 0.7% lower than their average FG%. In 2013, Hayes actually let the player he was guarding shoot 3% higher (which is pretty bad) than their average FG%. Now, one might say "Well, Hayes played too little for these stats to matter" Well, he's not going to play anymore than that here, so I don't see why these stats wouldn't be representative. Signing Hayes does not get me excited.

6. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Are we any closer on signing chuck or jet?

7. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Rockets have agreed to terms with free agent center Chuck Hayes on a one-year veteran's minimum deal, sources told Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/626571347804622849">July 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Rockets have agreed to terms with free agent center Chuck Hayes on a one-year veteran's minimum deal, sources told Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/626571347804622849">July 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Welcome home Chuckwagon! Teach TJones and DMo how to rebound!

10. dmoneybangbang

Positioning is important. I'm not sure how strong Chuck still is, but in the not rosy scenario where Chuck is playing minutes against LMA he would have to keep LMA out of position. It's not something I'd like to see.

11. dmoneybangbang

Great news. We got a vet, a mentor, and front court insurance.

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

Dorsey >>Chuck @ this stage of his career

13. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Dorsey was so great coach ended up playing Capela instead. Coach don't even like playing rookies. Dorsey is garbage.

14. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I guess we were

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

Chuck has great positioning in defense and great hands, things that make him more valuable than Dorsey will ever be.

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I can't even...

Really?

On IQ alone Chuck is better than Dorsey at this stage of his career... As a cheerleader at the end of the bench Chuck is better than Dorsey. Heck, the only thing that Dorsey has greater than Chuck is a vertical leap ... That's it.

There is a reason Joey was left to rot at the end of the bench last year. He's a heap of athleticism with no special skill.

I'm glad you aren't scouting prospects or making decisions for our team.

17. val_modus

val_modus Member

Time to Exile yourself out of this thread..

1 person likes this.