1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Can the Rockets afford to keep Yao Ming?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cmellon, May 12, 2009.

1. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

Some people don't deserve to call themselves Rockets fans. Okay, Yao has injuries, so what, He's 7'6, what do you expect with all that mass? At least he'll get the rest he deserves this offseason.

This gives other players valuable playoff minutes. We'll be better off next year for it. So quit your whining trade talk, he's still our great wall and i'll be dammed to see him any other uniform any time soon.

2. rocketman5803

rocketman5803 Member

aren't you a non english speaker ?Mr .Ning bo

3. sidewider26

sidewider26 Member

i am getting used to the "TRUE ROX FANS" hating on Yao, it's a human nature that people hate.

but i am sick of reading these every 3 posts:

1) Le$$$ would never let Yao go because of his market value ONLY.

2) Yao is good (see how they chose the word good instead of great) on the offensive end, but he's a huge liability on defense

WTF???!!! :confused:

those self claimed TRUE fans could go ask what Yao's teammates and opponents have to say about those. if you have never played basketball your entire life, that's fine, but there is something called COMMON SENSE in this world for crying out loud.

on a side note, not every Chinese fan root for the rox only because of Yao, i started to follow the Hakeem rox long before some of you even borned

4. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

I'll just cheer for YAO regardless of what uniform he is wearing.

5. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

basketball wise, why will Les NEVER let Yao go?? yao's no air jordan. heck he's not even kobe.

good isn't not an insult...yao's offensive production is good...if he's great, how do you describe players like kobe, lebron, shaq or hakeem. yao's CLEARLY a level below offensively.

6. rocketman5803

rocketman5803 Member

consider his size anyway ,man .can you just point out anyone at 7'6 play like him ,i like him not just i am a chinese ,he deserves to be in fame of Hall !

7. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Tell me, how is one NOT a true rockets fan if he is willing to let the BEST CENTER IN THE LEAGUE leave the rockets to make the team BETTER.

It isn't that simply that you have the best players, then you have the best team. Basketball (and any sport for that matter) is much more than who has the best talent.

It has to do with off court chemistry and on court chemistry.

Yes Yao is an amazing human being. He is HUGE. He is an AWESOME player. But remember that it takes more than the best center in the league to make a team good.

Yao needs the right type of coach and supporting cast around him. Yao's potential is incredibly high, however to reach that potential, he MUSt play a certain way which mean the coach must make the team's offensive system work a certain way. Yao is amazing, but he is also not flexible to different styles of play.

Sidewider, can't you see, that no matter how good Yao is, we are not winning a championship? It's not just because we need the perfect system to maximise Yao's abilities, it is also because he gets injured EVERY SINGLE SEASON!

The TRUE Rockets fans do not doubt Yao's ability. We all love him for his talent and loyalty. but we are TRUe rocket's fans because we are willing to let a player we love go because we love the team more.

That's why we are true Rox fans.

When Yao is retired... hell, when Brooks and Lowry have retired... I'll be routing for the Rockets regardless of who's in their team.

8. lightyear82

lightyear82 Member

Rockets has been offering T-Mac such big a contract, and what has he brought to this team? Miami also gave the elder Sharq a big contract, but what has he paid back to his team except for the first year's ring? not to mention the poor Phenix. Championship is a thing, kind of luck. If Celtics and Magic could keep healthy, there would be few chance for Cavaliers to smile so happily.
    Having been fighting in NBA for so many year, most of which hampered him from the first round, the most important thing for Yao now is getting a ring. If Houston can't make up a real championship team for him, ok, he may not be interested in any big contract.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Kareem Abdul Jabar was traded

Wilt Chamberlin was traded

and in Houston

Moses Malone was traded.

Hakeem Olajowan was traded.

Yao could be traded.

It happens.

I doubt it happens soon, but it might happen some day.

DD

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

oldeR?? What is he . . .27 . .28?

Rocket River

11. blender

blender Member

For me, it doesn't matter if the player is named Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant or Lebron James. If a superstar player has had foot issues since his teens, hasn't been able to play healthy or, in some seasons, play at all in the playoffs for three straight years because of various foot and leg injuries, that player's GM would have to be concerned before signing the player to a new lucrative contract. I would be more worried if the GM didn't.

12. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

To be honest, it's hard to trade Yao now. The team wants to land Yao has to get a guaranty from Yao that he will re-sign with the team. It means it has to be a team that Yao likes. I do not think Yao wants to be with a team like the Raptors minus Bosh and Pick.

You cannot really get alot by trading Yao.

Let Yao walk and let other teams take the risk/award in 2010.

13. Bigmarky

Bigmarky Member

no one questions yao's heart or work ethic

what we all question is every year its just a RNG (roll dice)

that is starting to get old when all the elites in the nba never miss but a few games

14. greydawn

greydawn Member

Would you mind reading his entire post before you reply?
    When YAO was slow,injured, and abandoned by Rockets someday, Sidewider would be the one cheering with you, you got that?

Do you all "true fans" know that before Yao left court in game 3 he had taken it the last fight of his career? He meaned it.

I knew Yao would get old and be abandoned one day like Hakeem.And he would be willing to do so as long as it benifit the team. But could you pls start those damn trading Yao threads after this season is over? He's right now cheering for this team and it's really hurting. shame on you.

15. Prince

Prince Member

Do you think other teams are willing to give him max contract?

16. greydawn

greydawn Member

Its not on money and YAo is not playing for money so stop asking sily questions
    WTF

17. davemei

davemei Member

You dance with who brung ya. That is all.

18. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Now we get heated discussion even over random blog entries, and not even well-written ones?

19. samxxz

samxxz Member

It's expErt, not expOrt. Learn the language well before fighting in it, or just stay cool.

Here is my translation (I mad e two obvious mistakes with numbers):

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=4501567&postcount=139

Many people may not agree this guy is an expert, but you have to agree that he know a lot of details about Yao. And if you read through his entire interview, I think you will agree he is quite good. I personally have no idea whether Yao should stay with Rockets or the Rockets should trade Yao. But I know for sure when Yao is not making money for Rockets they will trade him just like they sent Dream to Toronto. So, Yao should forget about loyalty.

20. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

++1 QFT