1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Can the Rockets afford to keep Yao Ming?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cmellon, May 12, 2009.

1. Summer Song Giver

What didn't you understand?

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i was here before 99 too. check out my link on my signature.

but they didn't make a song for 97..

3. Summer Song Giver

guess I'm not a cool kid, won't be the first time

4. tinman

Supporting Member

as long as you live by the code of clutchfans and know why clutch made this site, you're cool like prince or michael jackson in my book!

5. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

This thread took a wrong turn for no really important reason

I hope Morey is wise in his decision and can keep Yao at a fair amount, but not max worthy

6. kanariya

kanariya Member

This is a disgrace in any sports franchise.

Yao fans vs. Rockets fans???

What the **** is this?
    Some kind of internal affair?

Why all the hate? I'm actually feeling a shame to be one of the Rockets fans.
    You fans don't appreciate Yao, don't appreciate T-mac, don't appreciate Ron, don't appreciate AB, don't appreciate Rick. What the hell do you fans actually like about this team?

They are all human. They have flaws.
    One bad game and they are down to dirt.
    One good game and they are MVP candidates.

Learn to appreciate the efforts by your team.

7. ibm

ibm Member

i see a good point in your post.

being a rockets fan does not mean you have to be a fan of every individual rocket (and the reverse is true, also). a team consists of players and coaches, you know, individuals. we all have our preferences and biases. in all of the sports world, it holds true everywhere. by claiming you're just a fan of a team and trying to deny your own bias is really meaningless.

use myself for example. there have been plenty of players in the history of the rockets that i didn't like, but that didn't prevent me from supporting the team. there have been plenty of rockets players i have preferred over other rockets, but that doesn't stop me rooting for the team every single game.

8. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

The hate? No. The reality? Yes.

If I can better THE TEAM AND ORGANIZATION...unless your name is Hakeem Olajuwon and you are 32 and currently on the roster...you can be traded.

Nobody is killing the team. I am saying that Yao isn't living up to all the hype as a player and doesn't deserve the max when he is only 26-27 and has injuries that will eventually kill his career! Look at history of big men with injuries below the belt!

And thanks for proving my point. :)

9. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

No way is that real!

Why the hell would he wait so long to sell it?

No way is that real.

10. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Song Giver been here long time. I thought he was posting since before 2k but maybe I am wrong.

11. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Profit and all that? Ok.

But I speak for myself. If there were just TRUE fans...no YOF...no TMOF and there was like 100 constant people here to talk about the Rockets, I would pay 39.95 per month WITH A DEPOSIT!

Thats how much I love this place!

12. heyangw

heyangw Member

Good point!
    Some idiots here name the Rockets Fans who love and support Yao as YOF and claim they are the Caner of this BBS. These idiots are just full of BS in their mind. The so called YOFs love and support every player of the Rockets as long as they fight hard for the team even when they get injured or play bad in a few games.
    Are these guys the true Rockets Fans? No! These guys in fact will hate every single player of the Rockets because no one can play well in every game and keeps healthy forever. They just quickly forget what a player has been doing for this team. The whole Rockets team will be traded by thess idiots at least twice maybe every 10 games if they can do it.

13. ibm

ibm Member

i'd pay $39.96 per month just to show me loving it more. lol.

i just love some self-claimed "true rockets fans" (you may be or you may not be) talking down other fans, on a fan bbs site.

14. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

That's how much you love your feelings about this place. That's how much you love the place for the way it was. If you truly love this place, you would put the well-beings of this place above your own feelings.

With 2000 users this place had less noise everyday, but with 20,000 users, this place has more traffic and interest. Along with more noise, there are more discussion and information. That's all good news for this place, although you might not like it.

If you engaged in some discussion 9 years ago, you might have got a reply in every 10 mins, but you get it every single minute. That's good news for most posters, although you might want to filter out everything disagreeing with you, that's not in the interest of this place. Whether Clutch wants/needs to charge for such traffic, it's up to him. But, this place has been helpful to draw more attention to Rockets team and draw more fans to Rockets team. But you want to turn the clock back, to re-live the old feelings, in the name of love to this place.

But if you truly love this place and this team, you would put your little inconvenience aside for the benefit of the organization and team - more followers no matter for what reason.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

i love the description on it, well i don't know if it's real, but it's the white home jersey, which i never see being sold.

also i wouldn't spend that kinda cash on jersey.

16. kanariya

kanariya Member

I get your point. But being a fan, this is really a disgrace.

I'm a Rockets fan, but it was YAO who brought me to liking the Rockets.

Call me naive. I thought a fan was supposed to cheer for his team when they fight, support the team when they go thru a hard time, and be proud of them when they succeed.

I'm not seeing that here in the Rockets. This I'm better than you and ROH is better than YOF sicken me. When everyone's rooting for the Rockets, what's the difference? Is rooting/liking the Rockets because of Yao the inferior fans?

17. heyangw

heyangw Member

Great point!
    Some fans here never understand this. Shame on them for being Rockets Fans.

18. heyangw

heyangw Member

What Yao wants most is a champion for the Rockets, not the MAX contract.
    I believe the team will offer him a MAX. But Yao will end up signing one several million below the max to free up the cap for signing another good players.
    Yao could make more from the commericals than the basketball. Money is not a concern for him, but respect and champion.