1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron Blog] Rockets update 9/22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Convictedstupid

To us Rockets fans I believe it would be a steal, But in the eyes of the Memphis organization maybe not so much.

Joey has a really big following in Memphis if I recollect correctly, and Memphis is (obviously) all about filling the seats. And Memphis is, lets face it, dumb.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

someone needs to post video!

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Not really trying to get into the dorsey and cook for Marc gasol, but wouldn't it make more sense to offer scola who is in his last yr and have a legit backup in landry if they really want gasol? If gasol is 11-7 as a rookie and 24, if he progresses, its not unrealistic to think that he can be 13-8 this year playing center for the rockets.

4. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

I want to see Ariza playing.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You may very well be correct, although we'd be even less likely to trade Scola than Memphis would be to trade Gasol....at least, for just Dorsey. Landry would be more likely to leave in a trade, but then, I'd ask for more than Gasol in that case. (And yet, Landry isn't at camp yet; and we've had watered-down versions of him vying for backup roles on the team.)

I guess it would figure if we traded with Memphis. We seem to have some sort of understanding with them.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Interesting point. I don't know if the Rockets want Gasol that much, but I do think they'll have to make a tough decision with Scola at some point.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think they are going to be keeping Scola, he plays hard and smart......and wins the PF battle most nights...

M. Gasol would be interesting.....would Memphis really do it for Dorsey and Hayes?

DD

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

No way Memphis gives up Gasol right now....then whos going to b their starting C??? Hamed Haddaddi??? ;)

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

They just drafted Mutombo lite. Wallace is a poor judge of talent (drafting Mike Conley, letting Lowry go for a first round non lotto pick etc) so maybe he thinks Gasol sucks.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

I don't think Wallace will do that deal, even he isn't that dumb. However if they want Dorsey and Landry would you do the deal? Personally I'd probably go for it and have Andersen be the backup PF...

11. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Mike Conley actually played good ball this year (especially toward the end of the season). thats why lowry was traded in the first place!

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Memphis would laugh at the thought of trading Marc Gasol for Dorsey and Cook. It's a preposterous idea. Cook and Dorsey are completely worthless players. Even the Grizzlies aren't that stupid. Subbing in Chuck instead of Dorsey or Cook still makes it a crazy idea for the Grizz.

roslolian, Dorsey + Landry for Gasol is still crazy. No way the Grizz make that deal. Remember, Dorsey's value to an NBA team is zero. The don't give a flip that he played college ball there.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They might do it for someone though....maybe Dorsey and Landry?

DD

14. Raven

Raven Member

Only good thing, if Morey wants him back, is that 2010 is not a great year for an above average player to be a free agent. Too many big names scarfing up all the money.

15. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

If Memphis traded Marc for Dorsey and Cook, they would not be dumb. They would be downright r****ded. No matter how much money they make off Iverson, I bet a lot of true bball fans would return their tickets if such a trade went doing, feeling that they had been made a fool of by the Griz organization.
    I would.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You're making the dubious assumption that the Memphis Grizzlies is run like a professional, NBA team. These are the same folks that thought it would be a good idea to add Zach Randolph and Allen Iverson to a young, maturing roster this summer.

I think Dorsey + Landry might be enough, on their end. If it makes their fans happy and puts people in the seats, getting Dorsey will be a plus in their eyes.

17. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

The only tough decision on Scola is gonna be when do you have him come in to sign a new contract. Let him play the field and match whatever offers he receives.

Marc Gasol would be a great addition, I think Morey would give up a variety of players for him, but Scola is not one of them.

18. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure that you would really need to include Landry. I think you could trade Cook, Dorsey, maybe Barry and a first rounder. Memphis is willing to sell tickets right now. From what I read this morning, they've done a good job so far with AI. You put Dorsey in the mix, this would help them further.

Memphis has enough bigs as of right now. I think Gasol could be solid but I'm not sure where he'll fit with the team next year if Yao comes back healthy.

19. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really believe the Rockets have a lot of faith in Scola. I can't see them not trying to keep him.

20. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

is this M. Gasol talk a pure speculation? or coming from a legit source?