1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron article] Machado’s playmaking ability could provide depth behind Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mirus, Oct 5, 2012.

1. nbafever

nbafever Member

From what I've seen of training camp, Machado's a good playmaker. And he plays well with Lin when Lin slides over to the 2.

Stop creating these controversies. Like Lin, Machado was also undrafted. He's antsy about making it to the NBA. I'm sure Lin has told him stories about his own struggles. They'll be okay together.

2. sidestep

sidestep Member

It's amazing there can be pages and pages about a bland comment made by Machado that just expresses his competitiveness. This isn't like the local branch of the Speech Contest Club where we eat sit around eating cookies and rate each member's public speaking skills. The dude is here to play ball -- are we really going to analyze his throwaway comments like it's the state of the union address?

3. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Machado is not a bad shooter. He should shoot more when opportunities arise. As a rookie, he should learn to be the best at everything, not just being a pass-first PG or 'pure PG.' But if he pride himself and mentally prepare himself to become one way, and all it does it leaving imperfection in his game. He is just setting himself up by stating what kind of PG he would rather be. He will also becoming easily defendable.

I mean why limit himself when he can learn to pass like Nash and Rubio, score like Westbrook and Rose, defend like Rondo and CP3?

LMAO

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Lmao. "kid" is an east coast thing. You can find 40 year olds calling 35 year olds dudes "kid" and vice versa. There is no disrespect here. Calm down

But what makes you think he's limiting himself and not working on other aspects of the game? Nash is considered a true PG. Nash can not only be a pass first PG, but he's been one of the most accurate shooters in the game. Machado likes Nash. See any correlation here? Nash would be the ideal PG to model your game after. I believe Lin likes Nash game also.

5. kastuul

kastuul Member

As a Lin fan, I hope other Lin fans also learn from his personality.

6. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

whoa there let's not get ahead of ourselves

-Toney Douglas

7. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

When he differentiated himself from the rest as 'real point guard.' I mean what the hell is a 'real point guard?' Is there such thing as 'fake point guards?'

What if he HAS to average 25 ppg for his team to rack up wins, will he feel bad of being a 'shoot-first point guard?'

A point guard is a point guard and his #1 and foremost importance is win games by any mean possible. If he has to score 30 ppg when everyone is missing shots, so be it. If he has to create open shots for teammates and rack up 12 apg, fine, get it done.

I dont remember Nash had ever said that he is a 'real point guard'??

IMO, anyone who declares himself as a real point guard is telling people he can't score! Ask Rondo and his long time supporters about this.

8. Strictly LOF

Strictly LOF Member

Take a step back? We've been through similar crap before where Lin is concerned. So don't suggest I'm pulling stuff out of my ass.

Look, Lin is always going to provoke a certain level of envy/hate in other players by virtue of the uniqueness of his story - first Asian American/Harvard grad/undrafted star in decades and all rolled into one - and the consequent fame and fortune. The one good thing about his being on the Rockets is that now there's no superstar to begrudge him his "undeserved" success. Then along comes this undrafted guy who keeps insisting he's a "true point guard" and calling Lin a "kid". He's basically dissing Lin if you're being honest about it.

Lamb is generally regarded as the real deal. What has he said about Kevin Martin standing in the way of his greatness? Seriously, just compare the two rookies and see if you finally get where the "cockiness" charge is coming from.

9. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i get that its coming from a 'strictly LOF'.

10. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Now that's not the way to talk to a fello LOF

11. Strictly LOF

Strictly LOF Member

And nobody else? Or is that your idea of wit?:rolleyes:

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LMFAO. Rondo is easily a Top 3 PG in the NBA. If Machado, who was undrafted, turns into Rondo, we'd be more than happy of that happened.

I don't know why I continue to argue this. You obviously seem bitter and biased towards Machado. He went undrafted, played in like 6 SL games that mean nothing and after a couple interviews you know all about this guy and his game and how he trains. Get outta here with that. :rolleyes:

13. Strictly LOF

Strictly LOF Member

Bottom line: Machado is a lousy shooter who apparently believes he's the rightful heir to Steve Nash's mantle.

The Rockets already have an emotionally maladjusted rookie on their hands. The last thing they need is an undrafted dude with delusions of grandeur running his mouth off to the media every chance he gets.

Roll your eyes all you want, but the fact remains that this is likely a team headed for the lottery. A little humility and a lot of hard work translating to results on the court should be the order of the season for every one of its members from top to bottom, no?

14. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Ditto. ;)

15. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

You guys are on the wrong route. Jeremy Lin is not a true Point Guard or combo guard or such. Point Guard position is on a revolution. It is position-less. You will see more and more Jeremy Lin's type of Point Guard. It is new to this age.

BTW I like the idea Machado at 1 and Jeremy Lin at 2 with Delfino as a backup for these two. The only problem is how you play KMart. Play him as a back up for 2?

16. YaosDirtyStache

I have always hated Machado but that is well known around here.
    I also dont like Lin so it has nothing to do with that guy.

I hate Machado because he sucks, cant shoot, and play D, is slow, has only passing skills, talks too much mess, is ****, has no real contract yet talking like he deserves a HOF consideration.

As far as I am concerned he can PISS OFF.

17. King Boo

King Boo Member

Bench Kevin Martin in favor of Machado?? And you thought Lin fans were bad :p

Your first point about "true" or "position-less" point guards makes no sense to me. Sense I cannot make of it.

18. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

"Machado’s playmaking ability could provide depth infront of Lin"
    If you have been watching these practices you would have to admit that Machado is looking better than Lin. He out shines him and nobody will dare say so. I wonder who in the Houston media or national media will just admit that maybe Lin isnt that good.

19. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

Really? lol

20. MT1417

MT1417 Member

Well I guess we might see Machado supplant Lin as starter soon.