1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron article] Machado’s playmaking ability could provide depth behind Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mirus, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Should keep away from the media would do him good...just go out and work hard and make his pt count...I like having a traditional pg on the team because he will be able to get so many involved. When u get everyone involved they will be pumped up to play harder on D. I think he should let his game speak for him and just compete and make the team better in any way he can. Taking his attitude away I think he has good potential and shouldn't be slept on. Not saying he beats out Lin but IMO I think he could be helpful bringing that extra element to the team

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Love when people that only watched a few minutes of Summer League here are labelling players and do their scouting reports. CF has the greatest scouts in the world apparently.

3. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

And vice versa

Okay, I'm gonna reply to you because I am a Lin fan, so I'm gonna pretend your talking to me.

When I joined this board, I can care less about The Rockets or the player already on this team, I joined this board to follow "one" player, and that player is Lin, obviously.
    After 2 short months surfing this board and alot of videos about the roster, and after seeing all the player interviews/Q&A's, I know who I like and who I don't. Things like this are optimistic, it's in the nature of human beings. My first impression/comment of Machado was very positive about his game in SL.
    Not his speech, he's fine when he don't talk into the camera.
    This is not about anybody else besides "you" and "me".
    When you say stuffs like this pls refer to a specific poster and not "ALL" ?

Btw pick a side and stand by it, standing in the middle would make you look like a D**k

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm not posting negative things about a Rockets player.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Look, it's not personal. You can be a Lin fan as much as you'd like. But Machado has hardly "badmouthed" or been "disrespectful" to teammates. Curse that New York reporter that sensationalized his original comments and started this. I thought it would blow over, but no. You're already talking about the lockerroom derailing the season.... take a step back!

6. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Speak for yourself man, there's no "we" I'm not with you, I came here alone.
    Keep that in mind in your future post.

7. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

A rookie calling any non-rookie teammate a "kid" is disrespectful.

8. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

I changed my mind on seconding your previous comment, it's not really disrespectful, and it's not really "calling Lin a kid", he's actually calling Lin a " Wonderful kid" . I saw the difference after I gave the article a 2nd glance. Mach just complimented it in a weird/rookie way, in a way that's saying "Lin's a wonderful guy", but kid busted out of his mouth cuz so many vets calling him that, but then again Machado does needs to learn about the art of processing his speech through his brains, because he needs to remember he's undrafted, undrafted players prove themselves through action, not speech, unless your Kobe....obviously.

9. mirus

mirus Member

look, he's somewhat cocky,
    i could see why he rubbed some ppl off.And Im fine with it.
    At the same time ,if he can bring competition to the 1,or able to do a solid back up jobs ,it'll be a return of his value.

and he's a rookie.there's a reason why there's a tradition of let rookies carrying kid's bag,doing teammate jobs etc.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Probably just the way people talk where Machado comes from.

11. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Fair enough. Kid does have a lot to learn.

12. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Machado mustve read all the CF hypes about him this offseason. He has the same metality as some of you, actually believing he is our backup PG.

I have consistently posted Machado is 4th in PG depth chart behind Lin, Livingston, and TD. My accessment still stands. Without any trade or injury, Machado will start off his career and polish up his defensive skills at DLeague.

This is what he needs to work on:
    Offensively (most in half court offense)
    - how to PnR with a big.
    - take open shots and not becoming a 'passive' shooter or 'pass first' PG. <his biggest pride is also his biggest weakness in offense!
    - how to use screens for penetration.

Defense (low defensive IQ)
    - Work primary on his perimeter defense and stay in front of ball handler.
    - stop taking unneccesary risks (making steals) and leave himself in awful defensive position.
    - learn to fight off picks and defend against PnR.

13. King Boo

King Boo Member

I think D-League will be very good for him, definitely better than just sitting on the end of the bench. Some things about him are not NBA-ready imo, but he has a lot of potential. I was definitely surprised that no team picked him up on draft night.

14. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i have faith in them (Lin fans). they will.:p

15. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Thanks for the faith, and to honor that faith of yours, I'm gonna find out who your favorite players are, or whatever things that interest you.

And I'm gonna bash the living daylights out of him/it. Just to live up the faith you have in me. Your welcome bro.:)

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Dude, stop reaching. :rolleyes:

I think it's great he rather be more of a steve Nash than Westbrook. Shows that kids still want to be playmakers and not just score like most young ins these days.

17. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i like Lin.

knock yourself out.;)

18. King Boo

King Boo Member

Steve Nash also happens to be one of the best shooters in NBA history. It's all about keeping the defense honest. If you only do one thing well, then that's all they'll need to defend. If you do everything well (drive, finish, dish, shoot) like Nash, then you can keep your defender on the back foot and be that much more effective.

19. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Epic.

20. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Irrelevant until he plays in an actual NBA game, not a tryout between the teammates.