1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron- Arian Foster: ‘Yeah, yeah,’ players in the league ‘cheat’

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gfab-babyboi, Feb 5, 2013.

1. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Arian Foster: ‘Yeah, yeah,’ players in the league ‘cheat’

During an interview with ESPN Radio in which he was asked about the use of deer antler spray in the NFL, Texans running back Arian Foster said he has been around players who “cheated,” but that he has never been interested in trying performance enhancing drugs.

Asked by Colin Cowherd last week if he thinks “players in the league cheat,” Foster said, “Yeah, yeah. To me, if you are taking steroids and things like that, to me, it’s a quick fix to a long-term solution, so it’s going to lead to more problems.

“Steroids make you stiff. Steroids do things to your body that are (not) conducive to your health. So, if you want to be strong for the season, yeah, maybe that works and maybe it doesn’t. For the long haul, I think it’ll hurt your body more than anything.”

Foster didn’t disclose names or teams he thought had been cheating. He was asked if he could tells “guys were taking steroids) in the Southeastern Conference?

“I’ve seen and been around guys who juice,” Foster said. “I’ve seen all kinds of things. If you can’t get motivated, you can’t get motivated.”

Deer antler spray was a hot topic during Super Bowl XLVII week because Baltimore linebacker Ray Lewis was accused of ordering it before he made a surprising comeback from torn triceps.

“I have always been a firm believer of anything that I need can come from the ground,” Foster told Cowherd. “It can come from earth.

“Anything else, I never felt the need. In college, a lot of people took creatine. That was a big thing in college. I never took creatine. I never took muscle shakes or none of that.

“I’ve always been a firm believer of hard work and doing things the way I have always done it.”

The Texans had no comment on Foster saying he thought some players “cheat.”

For a transcript of the interview, click here. Or to listen, click here.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/02/arian-foster-ive-seen-and-been-around-guys-who-juice/

I dont know how I feel about him saying it, without clearing that he has seen none of his CURRENT teammates using

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Its not cheating. It is just over training.

1 person likes this.
  3. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

He probably just saw/knew a bunch of players juicing back when he was at Tennessee in the SEC...those boys are BIG

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We've had guys suspended for it. Duane Brown, etc. So...

Also wouldn't be surprised if he was embellishing this a bit to distance himself from what we perceive as a "typical" player to position the Arian Foster brand. His whole persona centers around his holier than thou, wannabe-artsy, quasi-hipster, intellectual schtick.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Naaaaaailed it.

I couldn't stand his tweets after a while. I seriously wanted to punch him in the dick.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I get tired of his shtick. He gets a free pass from the media because he's a good player. They are always gushing about how intelligent he is compared to most other athletes. Frankly, nothing he says really has any substance at all. He comes off as trying way too hard to me.

When is game starts falling off, fans/media won't be so eager to embrace this character he's created.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hey Arian, I heard you like Egypt.

"Yeah, maaaahn, I love Egyptology, it's so deep maaahn".

Awesome, what's your favorite part about egypt?

"Umm, you know.. like the mummies and stuff. It's like, so deep maaaahn."

8. MystikArkitect

Dude was a Philosophy major. He'd likely run circles around you talking anything "deep"......

...man.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

You're saying its JUST ARIAN Foster with the annoying "enlightenment" hipster shtick

and NOT 40% of all people with internet access?

10. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lmaooo, watch Californication much?

11. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

There is some serious hate in this thread.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Almost as annoying as your posts. I seriously want to punch your snatch.

1 person likes this.
  13. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I like Arian and don't believe that his act is fake -- in other words, I think he is a fairly intellectual, enlightened person -- however the way he puts it on twitter comes across as extremely arrogant sometimes. A lot of it he should just keep to himself instead of tweeting.

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!! :grin:

[​IMG]

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The best players are the most arrogant ones.
    Some are just better at hiding it, and some like KD are really good at proving otherwise.

16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i'm confused, i thought people follow someone on twitter because they want to read what's on that person's mind.

17. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

look whenever theres an "intellectual athlete" ppl start comparing **** that dude says to the words that come out a professor emeritus' mouth

he's still an athlete and his genius lies in football. he's going to say things not completely articulated and perhaps half-baked philosophical ideas that maybe make you go wtf?

and maybe he's created this persona out of his pseudo-philosopher self

who gives a **** ?

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Yeah right, 40% is low balling the number.

More like every no life neckbeard on reddit.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I followed him on twitter for a couple months because I thought he was interesting. He's about as interesting as a door knob.

Maje Try-hard.

Good running back, seems like a moderately cool guy... but his persona is annoying.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You know how pro players aren't always the best athlete in their sport or exceptionally athletic? Well, you don't need to be a complete nerd to be intellectual. The media hypes up his intellect, so fans are quick to shoot it down when he doesn't match the hype. He seems pretty genuine IMO.

His attitude can be annoying at times, but we're all annoying to someone (someting Foster would actually say). A lot of other people love it and don't get tired of him.

As for juicing, usually a player will say something after being on a lot of teams or after being a long time vet. Foster probably shouldn't have said anything, considering he hasn't had a ton of teammates and has only played here.

#20 RV6, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013