1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Andre Johnson no longer wants to be a Texan

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's different when you're talking about a young player in the prime of his career. Andre was likely going to be asked to take a paycut next season or be cut so we could satisfy your boy Watt. It's a cycle. AJ80 is at the end of it.

2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Same **** different thread. You already have 3 times the amount of posts as the 2nd most frequent poster here.

The guy deserves to play for a winner and this squad is no where close despite what the fans here want to delude themselves into thinking. I've followed the Texans closely since they where the Los Angeles Somethings, The Houston 2002ers and the Texans. Seeing Andre come in a year after the team started and going through bad year after bad year and those 8-8 seasons... he deserves better. He has given so much to the team and been a model player across a league full of trash and murderers. Really hope he can go play for a contender and win a super bowl.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As usual, The Texans are asleep at the wheel. This has been going on for quite awhile....He should have been dealt before the draft....BEFORE this blew up anymore...Now, we will be getting much less in return. T he whole idea that we're retooling on the run..C'mon....B.O.B. is the right coach, but this is NOT a playoff team this year or next. Andre has known it.....

Par for the course though.....Big Bob just sits back and lets things (like Kubiak) run on geological time.......without ANY regard for what's best for this franchise.

$$$$$$ and presentation/entertainment......

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, funny that you whine about me and then post the same **** you've posted numerous times before. Then again, it's not surprising that a whiner would also be a hypocrite.

The whole "I'm going to whine because you have a different opinion than me" routine is pretty weak.

I don't mind that you care more about Andre than you do the future of the franchise and you shouldn't mind that I care more about the state of the Texans franchise than I do about Andre chasing rings.

5. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

unless we can get a deal that we can't pass up, just let him sit the whole year, pay no attention to him, do not mention his name, and ride it out. he'll lose money and get another year older.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

This is clearly about money, not the wins and losses.

They won't trade him. He will show up and play and then they will cut him.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Some people will never understand that no matter how obvious it is.

Sounds a lot like Bane in the Batman movie telling the guy "Search him, then I will kill you". Much like Bane's henchman, Andre doesn't have any choice other than retirement.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I disagree. I think it's clearly about winning or money. One or the other. Which is fair enough to me. And if it was just about the money, that's fine too. He was destined to be asked for a paycut or get released. Preemptive strike. More power to him.

If management came to him tomorrow and said we can sign Peyton Manning, Joe Haden and get a coach that has actually proven something if you take a 25% paycut I'm pretty sure Andre takes it.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I hope Andre gets as much money as you can. Most fans are terrible.

10. Remii

Remii Member

Cleveland would feel wonderful _ at least until football and basketball season starts I guess.

Rumors were floating around that Cleveland offered two picks. But rather true or not if the Texans decide to trade AJ they can't just trade him anywhere. No team will trade for him unless they have his assurance that he will show up and play.

Those 4 teams were probably contacted by AJ's camp and I doubt one of them was Cleveland. He may as well stay here.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Me too, and the way he could have made 1 mil more is if he had just shown up from the start. He's done nothing but cost himself money with his antics. If he goes out and has a stellar season, he'll have made himself quite a bit of money on a team pretty much of his choosing. I want what's best for him and what's best for the team....him to stop taking terrible advice and show up.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Why would he take that crap deal? He has never taken some paycut before even to bring in his boy Ed Reed.

Andre tried to hold out for another guaranteed year and held out right through his million dollar bonus. I bet the bonus was put there to keep him from holding out.

I'm fine with him wanting more money, I don't hold it against him as a fan. He is just doing it in a bad (for him) way and then blaming the Texans.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Andre is wrecking the tail end of his career. It's sad, but it's his own doing.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If we release him I imagine he's getting paid less than he would if he stayed here. And going to a better team. Either way, I don't care. Part of the game.

15. Remii

Remii Member

"I'mah get you before you get me"....

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Unquestionably, when the Texans cut him he won't make as much because he's not worth anywhere near what he would be paid here....which is why they plan on cutting him, but the best way for him to get the most money and be on the best possible team is if Andre comes out and has a great season and that starts in camp.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's what I'm saying. Andre Johnson wants either money or to win. It's not all about money.

We cant help him win so he's destined to get paid less if we cut him. Which he's fine with. Or, to stay, he's wanting money and security, knowing he's a high target to become a cap casualty eventually.

Win. Money. He's satisfied with one of those two things.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but that still doesn't make sense why he's holding out and being a distraction, it doesn't help him get money or win. Basically everything he's done (or not done) has been counter productive so far.

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This. And thanks, jerk for not informing the team until now. We could have drafted a WR.

20. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Texans just got a check for $187.7 million from revenue sharing (link). Haggling over this contract dispute/whatever seems mighty petty when compared to those numbers.