1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Andre Johnson no longer wants to be a Texan

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Pain and depression.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This is modern day NFL football. If you aren't prepared to say byeeeee to your beloved players at a moments notice for a variety of reasons you must not have been a fan very long. Next man up.

3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I would be way more upset if this was JJ watt.. say what you will, there is no "next man up" for JJ watt. and the closest thing to it is (hopefully) already here.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Picks would be nice.

Maybe I'm pushing it but a 3rd rounder would seem golden for AJ right about now.

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

LOL well I dont want either of those.. but I would take Josh Gordon off their hands.. maybe when he is off suspension and not bored out of his mind in bum***** ohio he can actually focus on some football lol.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Same here, Andre is the same age that Randy Moss was when he pulled his BS in New England and his career never recovered. Andre isn't at, but is very near the end, he has no leverage in any negotiation.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What good wouldn't be able to play for at least one year and the kid is a total moron, I have no faith that he'd be able to avoid another suspension.

8. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

if it can happen to Peyton Manning and Hakeem Olajuwon...

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It can happen to any athlete once they are past their prime.

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

He should have been saying this if Kubiak and Schaub stayed, he can carry his butt. Gonna be that much more sweet when we tear it up this year.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sad but true.

12. Remii

Remii Member

It may have something to do with O'Brien. AJ has already went through the experience of playing under a rookie head coach with Kubiak and probably doesn't want to go through another 2-3 year rebuilding process with another one.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

So which is it? It says he no longer wants to be a texan, then if you keep reading it talks about how he wants his $1M bonus before he rejoins the Texans.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's upset that they won't give in to a new deal and they won't give him the 1 mil he forfeited with his tantrum so he's ratcheting up the tantrum. He knows he won't be traded he just wants to cause a scene hoping the Texans will give in like they did the last time he held out.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I wonder when the major fines roll in? I think training camp is another 100K but game checks will be huge right?

He might just miss everything until game 1.

16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Zero ****s given over here. See ya.

1 person likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That would really be him shooting himself in the foot, but I wouldn't put it past him, he hasn't been exactly smart so far this off-season. It's a contract year for him, he'll need to perform well and not get injured to get another solid contract once the Texans cut him. Missing a ton of time in camp is not the way to do that.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Why do people always play this card?

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Was surprised I could rep you!

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is all white noise until he starts missing real games. If he decides to sit against Washington, then he'll be dead to me from that point forward. While he may be frustrated with the Texans' current state, this city holds him in lofty territory and loves him to death. We as fans did nothing to him, and if he doesn't get traded, he at least owes US his 100% dedication on the field. With that being said, I think it's a good FOOTBALL decision to trade him for value while he still has it. Losing him for nothing would benefit nobody, and it would only serve to drive a stake between him and the city.