1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Adelman, McGrady appear to be on same page

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 5, 2009.

1. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

tracy isnt GOING to the media, the media is going to him, and if they ask him a thousand questions he has to say something. he didnt even really show his fustration to the media, just told him how he felt. I dont know the sources of those articles on T-mac and rick adelman, but i wil believe the article that actually interviewed them instead

2. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

im sure it was a joke..

3. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

he wasnt given a chance at all. what dont you understand. Adelman jokingly suggested that t-mac can come back against the cavs. t-mac knew he wasnt going to be, so he played along too. I mean why am i explaining this......

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Whats funny is you want things to have played out a certain way soooo much, the illusion has become reality in your mind.

We have had to listen to you preach in every Tmac thread for months.

Most of us are reasonable and take an objective approach to this whole subject, while torch bearers like you try to create a scenario where Tmac is the enemy and you can claim how you were right all along.

Shame on you.

5. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Is'nt that exactly what he did, and then the press was reporting what they saw................

6. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

That's exactly what I thought halfway through.

7. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

And you know this for sure because of..???

8. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

The difference is that there was an explanation to go with what he said for a change that actually made sense. In the previous statements it was like reading a paragraph full of sentence fragments. You can't make solid interpretation.

Also, as a fan, I am just glad to have some type of positivity from both of them for a change. Whether that's being a naive fan or not doesn't matter at this point. According to some of you we are in a transition year anyway...

9. rockets_fanatic

First off the hate you show 'DaDakota' is what is sickening. The fact you post the SAME **** in EVERY THREAD about this **** is predictable and boring. You are as bad the the T-Mac apologists who always make excuses. You also find issue. First it was playing injured, then when he didn't he didn't alert everyone. Then he shuts it down and you still have issue.

Ok, it is good this is out and the open. I can't believe it has taken this long for both sides to set the record straight with each other and the press.

Both sides have been embarrassing and immature. The way the Rockets have shut Tracy out and the way Tracy keeps airing dirty laundry to the media.

By not being open with each other, Tracy has used the media to put pressure on the Club to play him. He is doing that because if he doesn't play, the chance of getting a good contract next season are slim to none. He is also an athlete and a competitor who wants to play Basketball.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Wait a second. I don't know why people are so positive about that article?

Those are all WORDS, who cares? It is kinda funny. People tought he would have came back after 23rd, than all were saying about Toronto Philly road trip. Now they say it is unlikely because of 4 games in 5 night (which btw is even after the road trip).

He may be ready, but I still think he WILL NOT PLAY. They will find different things, excuses to say after that stretch. So people, please don't get too excited. T-Mac says he is ready, than he doesn't want to play against Cavs. I am just confused.

I don't belive Tracy, I don't belive Rick either. I just hope he will be traded real SOON.

11. PeppermintCandy

The article did say Adelman was being facetious.

12. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

my exact thoughts

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No, the Rockets have said they will play him only if he convinces them that he can help the team and that they don't want to give him "rehab minutes." They said that quite a few times. The Rockets have not "shut Tracy out." It's not like they barred him from practices and the bench (a.k.a. the Marbury/Tinsley treatment). They are just treating him like everyone else -- Scola, Landry, Brooks, Battier, Andersen, Taylor etc. -- and would only give him minutes when they feel it's in the best interest of the team to do so.

McGrady simply failed to understand why he shouldn't receive special treatment and why the team wouldn't risk chemistry and on court performance in order to rehab a player whose contract is expiring until, apparently, now. As a result of McGrady's failure to understand, he stewed and yapped on "Skillzlab," to Yahoo, and whoever else would listen.

Lets not equivacate what McGrady did with what the team does. "Both sides" have not been in any way equally immature. There's just one party that's acted like a douche here -- and he has a history of it.

14. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Adelman must have been sarcastic with that remark about playing with LeBron. You'll play McGrady against the Cavs when you could have played him against Portland and see how he his doing then have the next couple of days off to see if there are any setbacks??

Idk how these guys think but it is what it is. I don't know if its me but RA looks lost coaching sometimes.

15. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Maybe and end to all this drama is just around the corner. I watch sports because of the drama on the court not off.

16. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Exactly...we all know Adelman has it out for Tmac...he's being a meany and doesn't like him... :rolleyes:

17. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

So, you still think Adelman has ZERO interest in playing Mcgrady? Maybe clutch's source was wrong.

18. Screw_ston713

Screw_ston713 Member

I don't think it's so much the joke people are concerned with and you usually don't know it's a joke until afterwards when you have to say "I was just joking". The response from Tracy is what's uneasy. Either you are ready are you not. You can't say I'm 100% ready against the clippers and twolves then when lakers or cavs come to town you need more time. Jokingly or not it's his response. Another thing we all knew what type of yr this yr was going to be without Yao and Tracy. Alot of the young guys were going to be getting alot of minutes and this was going to be a fun energetic scrappy team. The Rockets haven't disappointed. When did it start becoming soley about wins and losses. Different players are coming up big and coming into their own and wouldn't have that oppertunity if both Yao and Tracy were playing dominating the ball 95% of the time. Let this core learn how to carry the load and not have to be dependant of Yao and Tracy. Bandwagoners are in it soley for the wins and losses, Im looking at the bigger picture once Yao gets back this Rockets team will be a threat in the west.

1 person likes this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we don't even know if they had the conversation or if Adelman was just making it up to be jovial.

20. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

I agree! Most of the so called drama has been from this forum, running with words that aren't based on facts, but more toward hatred of McGrady.