1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: $24 million offer to Posey puts Rockets in quandary

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Faos, Jul 24, 2003.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. Thanos

Thanos Member

Some people around here are getting on my nerver with their underestimating of Posey.

We can't forget that the 3 was the position that suffered the most under Rudy's system. Just remember Pippen back in the day and how his game seemed to suit Portland better, and Posey was among the leaders in the league in triple-doubles on the Nuggets. Sure he was in a bad team, but you just DON'T manage that unless you have talent.

The man has it in spades, and for the MLE he is rightfully priced.

I echo Juan Valdez frustration. He couldn't be more right.

3. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Get Mark Jackson and Raja Bell! Enough said.

4. Vaevictis

Vaevictis Member

Heh, off-topic, but "Manfull" is a terribly unfortunate name for a woman to have.

5. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Its is very hard to know what is really gpoing on out there. 22.5 mil over 4 years is the max 4 year MCE salary--so if it is 4 years that is all it could be. Thus I don't see how the 4 year 24 mil or 4 year 28 mil we are hearing are accurate. While the 4 year 16 mil offer we also heard about is possible--but then Memphis would have done us a favor by allowing us to keep Posey at a real low price.

I still see if all Memphis did was put togther a max 4 year MCE--22.5 miillion tops--I can't think we are serious about winning if we don't match it. That had to be about our expectation going into this offseason--our main worry should have been an under the cap team making an offer substantially more. A 4 year MCE level salary for an average starting SF in his prime (27?) just isn't that bad.

I have a hunch all the miss information means the teams are masking what they are going to do. Maybe we are pi*ssed at Memphis and at least want to run them through the ringer (and keep them out of the FA market) for 15 days--it would just be too transparent and look so poor on the Rockets to just let Posey walk for that kind of salary without a real good alternative plan. And I like Pike or Barry or J. Jackson as FA signing--but those guys are 32-33--they should be in addition not in replace of the younger, better defense playing, more athletic, and better rebounding Posey.