1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christopher Nolan's New Film: INTERSTELLAR

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Jan 9, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

I think I got a director that trumps all you b****es. Don't even bring that stuff here son!

Coen Brothers, nuff said...

Raising Arizona, nuff said..

Fargo, nuff said...

Blood Simple, nuff said...

Big Lebowski, I mean really? Tarantino,Anderson,Nolan,Mallick??? GTFO, Coen Brothers all day!

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

But he always will be Wooderson.

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

One really has to remind themselves of that, otherwise he's that guy in all those Kate Hudson romcoms.

4. val_modus

val_modus Member

Alright alright alright...

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've always liked him, too. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. That statue makes him bonafide, in my humble opinion. I've seen the guy 4 or 5 times in Austin over the years. Heck, twice he's walked right in front of me crossing the street on his way to Book People, I guess, while I was waiting for the light to change at W. 6th and Lamar.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

David Fincher for me tops all.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

There's a back catalogue of over 100 years of cinema.

Nolan is good. He makes ostentatious B-movies. His best films are on par, maybe even ranking a little lower than John Woo's best. Both directors make movies I like.

If you really think any of those guys have made a superb film in the last 15 years then Cinema must be in a lull.

8. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Repped, though men take for granted how much energy the sun bestows on the earth every single day. I mean, even the moon, which is a relatively insignificant celestial body, is responsible for generating tides. These are all really unimaginable forces at work here, which is why it's so important that mankind should try its best not to eff it up. It's one thing to have breakthroughs, but quite another to apply such breakthrough on a wide scale (and even then, going fast may not have any application to growing food -- ever play Master of Orion?). Hell, I'm still waiting for the time when I can buy a coach ticket on a supersonic jetliner.

Though I do agree that in theory, when mankind has harnessed the kind of energy necessary to go super fast and back in time, installing a few extra A/Cs on greenhouses to grow corn really shouldn't be a problem. We'll see how the Nolans explain it. I bet it's really more about harnessing untapped powers in space (the shot of Saturn in the preview) than just punching through space-time with brute force Star Wars/Star Trek style.

9. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

at first I thought that the music was the score from Gattica--some similar themes. Just took me a moment to realize that its from V for Vendetta--powerful, driving climax. I wonder if its the same for the actual movie or is that just a trailer thing? Seems that I either imagine it or trailers will frequently use music from another movie.

Has the look of the dystopian future in Looper with the dusty farm scenes and with MM in an interstellar space travel movie its hard not to think of Contact.

Excited to see either way.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Lm8p5rlrSkY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Looks awesome !

DD

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That movie looks like it has the potential to be one of the best ever.

And yes I do in fact realize what I'm saying.

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Incredible. If the trailer starts to choke me up a little...I can't imagine what the movie's gonna do.

14. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Concur. Although, I am a sucker for little girls crying. Man that movie looks like it will be incredible. :eek:

All right, all right.

15. SexyButIgnorant

What the hell is the movie about. I'm confused as hell. But I want to see it.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

...interstellar travel. I don't want trailers to give me an entire plot synopsis.

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The embedded youtube video above has gone private... to watch the trailer, you can see it here:

http://www.interstellarmovie.com
    Put in access code: 7201969

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Extremely excited for this movie.

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

This movie gives me a boner that could destroy the universe.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm not one of the Nolan-fanboys, but it looks pretty dang good. I'm excited.