1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christina Aguilera doesn't understood the song 99 Problems

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, May 7, 2012.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'd put Jermaine as the front runner but think anyone can really win.

Jermaine probably has the most ability and talent. I think he overdoes it. Sometime he lets his emotions get to high and it throws off his breathing which in turn throws off his rhythm. He has a lot of vocal flexibility but loses control when he gets too high. Also, I don't particularly like his runs when combined with his vibrato. I think his best performance was in the battle rounds. I've been disappointed that he hasn't done better since then. A lot of times, I feel he does better in the group performances than he does in his solo performances.

Chris is very solid, but also a bit boring. I wasn't impressed by his Ave Maria though I've like his other stuff. I though his duet with Christina was great.

Juliet is fantastic when she's belting it out but her softer voice kind of sucks. The judges commented about it one week and to her credit she made an adjustment the next week and it was better, but still not that good. She was kind of bad last night but I think Cee Lo mentioned she was sick which really sucks for her to get ill at a time like that. Jamar had a great performance a few weeks ago and for awhile I thought he'd clearly be Cee Lo's finalist. But like a lot of these singers, it was a one time high point that he never reached again.

I already gave my thoughts on Tony. Overall, I thought he might've done the best job last night. I don't know if it'll be enough to win. But iTunes downloads count as votes and I can easily see his "99 Problems" being the top downloaded song from last nights show which gives him a chance.

In the end, I see it:
    1. Jermaine
    2. Tony
    3. Chris
    4. Juliet

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Said it when the show first started, there really wasn't much talent on it this year. Looks like all the talented singers came out to Idol because IMO they had the voice beat hands down this year. Perhaps the Voice should go back to not challenging Idol and back to the fall start. That way all the singers that had cold feet or whatever and missed out on Idol would just go to the voice instead of them almost pulling from the same talent pool, Idol is likely to win out seeing as so far it has produced some pretty big stars.

I think anyone can win but Im pulling for Juliet. The rest of them are kinda meh to me. They each have their moments but for me Juliet has had more pretty amazing performances. Roxanne and Man's world were pretty epic.

I'm not sure why Christina thought to make some kinda point there.

3. conquistador#11

did i time travel back to 2004?

4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Why do they need 4 hours this week to pick the winner? Why is Beiber on the show tonight? I'm deleting last night's and canceling tonight's recording.

6. 713

713 Member

I'd still hit.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Can someone break it down for us . .. . line by line

Rocket River

8. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

Juliet simms should have won the voice last night. The last three weeks, she's had the best performances. Unfortunately, she wasn't the best starting out and Jermaine Paul showed consistency which gave him 1st place honors