1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christians please wake up and open your eyes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Nivos, Jul 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Amir

Amir Member

Funny enough, he's not. He's just appealing to Christians to push his agenda that everyone should fear the religion of Islam, as if there aren't psychos in every religion. Meanwhile his own country is killing babies left and right....

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

3. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

I disagree about Hitler. He genuinely believe in a divine order and often used god in his speeches. The swastika itself is derived from a religious symbol. He was absolutely religious and often used it for his own gains. His scientific experiments were often used only to justify his mystic and catholic beliefs...pseudo science. So take him off the list of hard core atheist.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I like when he talked about how weak Jesus was..and what a terrible image of God that concept is/was.

I don't think Dietrich Bonhoeffer would have characterized Hitler as a Christian. :)

But it doesn't really matter...all sorts of things, Christianity included, have been co-opted to support "you should die because you're not in my group."

#24 MadMax, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  5. MadMax

I love this stuff, by the way. There's tons more good out there that goes unreported than evil.

6. Kyakko

7. MadMax

Yep...I've read that. I've read books on it too. I think he conveniently used the labels of the church to help spread his propaganda. He put church leaders to death who resisted. And he championed a return to some Nordic imagery and religion to justify his notion that he was better than other people.

Honestly, most men who lived over the past 5000 years have had some belief in God...including the people who've sacrificed a lot to help other people...and also those who've sacrificed a lot of people to help themselves.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Christians killed people in the middle ages so let's just shut up and not criticize Islam.

9. Kyakko

There are many men that have pushed aside religion when it conflict with their political goals... henry iv... Philip iv. Its often possible for a madman to resolve the idealogic conflict. I find it hard, with all the religious symbols, the jew situation, the writings and the rhetoric that he didnt someway believed it was doing what he did because of religon

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I choose to critisize both. All three of the Abrahamic religions inherently pose a "us vs them" mentality.

11. Mr. Clutch

I guess if that makes you feel tolerant.

12. fchowd0311

There is a difference between being tolerant of chosen belief systems and actual humans.

13. Mr. Clutch

And which one are you?

14. fchowd0311

My post history should be sufficient evidence to conclude that I am highly critical of religion but will never judge an individual by their faith but their actions.

15. Mr. Clutch

Do you also see positive things in religion or is it all bad?

16. fchowd0311

Do I see positive things in religion? Yes... However any positive outcomes of religion can be obtained without its presence thus making religion unessesary. Humans can find a meaning to their life without religion. They can develop a moral system without religion. They can be kind and charatible without religion. Religion comes with too much baggage even if I do consider what little good it does, and there is the whole truth and no evidence factor also.

#36 fchowd0311, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  17. Mr. Clutch

Do you spread your criticism of religion equally or do you focus on the ones that are committing the most atrocities?

18. fchowd0311

I assume you are reffering to Islam. If you view my post history I'm heavily critical of Islam. I understand that Christianity as practiced in western secular nations is relatively benign(There are regions in Africa where Christianity is as lethal as Islam). Key word there is relatively. However as an American I am more naturally inclined to deal heavy critisism to Christianity also as I would be more exposed and affected by Christian fundamentalists than Muslim fundamentalists.

19. Mr. Clutch

Fair enough!

20. fchowd0311

Thanks for your understanding. By all means if religion does help you find some meaning to life and help you in developing a moral system keep on following and I will not judge you as long as you don't impose your beliefs on others. My entire family is religious and I love them to death. They are good people.