1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Webber "Nice Passer" mix....Scola MUST take notes!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nitro1118, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TFJFZUm9tLs

While I grew up watching him on the Kings, it is still eye popping to see a compilation of just his passing. I advocated signing him, even at his age, for this reason alone. The way he was able to draw defensive attention that Landry and Hayes simply don't do at 15ft out, and how he was able to put the ball on the floor from 15ft out unlike Yao...he simply is the kind of PF that we miss from the team. Now, the one player who CAN be the kind of player C-Webb was is Scola. He can put the ball on the loor, hit the midrange jumper, and is naturally a good passer. He just has to learn how to consistently play the high post, and how to make the right decision with the ball. Adelman really has to show him film of C-Webb, as witout having that high post option this offense simply won't run as effficiently as inented (even despite it being a hybrid system than pure Princeton offense).

2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

IMO, Webber is/was one of the most talented forwards (read: talented, not necessarily best) in history. And his passing was a big part of that.

I wonder two things about the idea of Scola being that guy on this team though. First, I wonder if Scola will ever have the hands and/or ballhandling ability necessary to do a lot of the things Webber did. Secondly, I wonder if the other guys we have on this team are ever gonna learn to freaking cut. It seems like we're stacked up with three-point shooters and iso players, not cutters.

3. cmpatel

cmpatel Member

Wow how sweet would it be to see scola give one of those thru the legs/pick passes to a cutting tmac!! We will be so much better on offense once we get adelmans system down

4. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Scola and Webber's style are a little different. I remember Webber being more of a finesse player. Scola is rugged and aggressive. He doesn't mind getting physical and dirty. He does have good court vision and passing ability but not nearly as refined as Webber.

I don't think Scola will become a Webber. He has his own distinct style that can contribute to our team as he slowly gets adjusted to the NBA.