1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Simms bet...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by VesceySux, Apr 26, 2003.

1. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Friends, Romans, countrymen. We come here NOT to praise TheCat but to bury him...

I don't know if TheCat can read this, but CHRIS SIMMS DID NOT GET DRAFTED IN THE FIRST ROUND. Didn't we have a bet about this? Didn't you think he'd go top half of the first round? It's now about halfway through the 2nd round, and he's STILL on the board. Hopefully, someone will take him soon. However...

YOU LOSE.

2. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Second day draft pick....ChrisTOPHER Simms

BTW--TheCat says he'll pay whenever he can get back on the board.

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Nah, he can't read this. A lot of great things have happened (Spurs losing Game 1, Lakers NEARLY beating T-Wolves thanks to the refs, and now this) in the past week that would have been perfect to see posts from him, but alas it was not to be.

:(

4. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

5th rounder

5. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

#97 pick in the 3rd Round to the World Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers was the correct answer. Tom Gruden is going to eat Chris Simms up and break his fragile ego!

6. outlaw

outlaw Member

who's Tom Gruden?

7. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

John's younger brother, the one that eats QB's for breakfast

8. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Is John Jon's younger brother?

9. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

yeah, they call him John Jon I think!

10. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The Texans passing on Simms for Ragone is hilarious :D

Don't hate Dom Capers and Chris Palmer. There was a reason why they went with Ragone over Simms :rolleyes:

#10 Smokey, Apr 27, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2003
  11. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Simms would've been crucified by the media and fans (and yes, unjustly so) if he had stayed in Texas. He would have been a big distraction for the Texans. So we picked Ragone instead (although that pick sucked).

Wow. Simms was one spot away from the fourth round! Ouch, TheCat! Better hope he turns into another 3rd round QB named Joe Montana.

12. Smokey

If the Texans had Simms rated higher than Ragone, but went with Ragone cause Simms would be a distraction then Casserly and Palmer didn't do their job. IMO, the Texans saw something in Ragone.

13. Smokey

I take that back.

Casserly is an idiot.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Tampa Bay's gain...is Sooners' loss. Big Red will miss the blond bomber.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Did anyone watch Sports Reporters Sunday Morning. Lupica was hosting and Sal Palantonio (sp) was saying how it was a mistake that Simms went to Texas and Lupica was saying he was finally going to get some real coaching. They were really knocking Brown's staff. Even Phil Simms has been on record as saying he didn't think Texas ended up being the best place for his son. I know Texas's offense wasn't the greatest scheme in college football, but I'm really sick of hearing these East Coast writers take up for Chris Simms. Was it really the coaching that caused Chris to throw three interceptions against Colorado in the Big X11 championship game in 2001. I doubt it.

16. UTweezer

Maybe, maybe not. I'm just glad that we'll have some fresh new faces at the QB. Vincent Young is going to be fun to watch. Mock too.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I wouldn't say that just yet.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yeah, after three years of unrelenting criticism and harassment from both sidees of the Red River, I'm sure he'll be real scared of Tom Gruden.:rolleyes:

19. Band Geek Mobster

Nevermind

#19 Band Geek Mobster, Apr 28, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2003
  20. UTweezer

People who say Simms was in the wrong 'system' or had bad coaching, thats a load of *hit. If it was coaching and the system, then WHY at the senior bowl did we see vintage Chris Simms in action? If I remember correctly, he threw an interception at the goal line or something.

Point is, Simms has all the physical gifts, but is missing something up there.