1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chris Sheridan] Rockets mention during live chat.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by s2kboy16, Feb 14, 2011.

1. s2kboy16

s2kboy16 Member

John (Austin)

The Rockets have said that they will make a move before the deadline, anything brewing?

Chris Sheridan (2:29 PM)

Aaron Brooks makes my Most Likely to Be Traded list, along with Rip Hamilton, Troy Murphy, Carmelo Anthony and Eddy Curry. They are as active as ever, but trade pipeline leaguewide still being plugged by MeloDrama.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Nothing new here.

I'm sure he's privately being shopped but his trade value is diminishing by the day. If we're unable to "sell" him as a key piece of this blockbuster Morey is searching for you can expect us to try to resign him on bargain contract.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. davids2004

davids2004 Member

Mark my words, brooks is going no where as he has no value based off of his play lately.

No moves will be made.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

6. RocketMania1991

Moves are definitley going to be made. Morey knows he has no choice but to make a move. With Brooks or without him, trades are coming.

If Morey can't get a deal done this trade-deadline I think his job will slowly start coming into jeopardy.

Two consecutive seasons without a playoff berth is something the Rockets haven't had in a long time.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think we're going to end up with one or two minor moves...

8. worzel gummidge

Lowered value because of injury, one that he can easily come back from, also makes him a moneyball type player, ie value signing in the off-season.

9. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Latest rumors are saying Morey is trying to land Curry and Bargnani if he cant land melo

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

link?

11. worzel gummidge

Yao for Eddy Curry?

12. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I agree that Morey will be reluctant to sell low on Brooks, but they also have to consider that he wants to start and might not sign with us next year. If someone offers up a pick or something halfway decent, they might be inclined to move him.

13. University Blue

What happened to the "HEARTbeat" trade?

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I'll bite...Curry would be a great addition. He looks like he could evolve into a dynamite point man.

Bargnani worries me, not sure I'd want a 7 footer who can't rebound or defend and shoots tons of 3s on this team. Nice player but really not a difference maker.

#14 rockets934life, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  15. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

The move for Melo makes less and less sense everyday. I don't know why we are pursuing him. It makes me think there will be a franchise tag for the new CBA and Morey knows this.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I would cry in happiness if we landed Steph on this team.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Already posted but I'll repost this for a third time :p

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports: Trade winds could be blowing(It's a video)

Lets start with NO. They've been hot and cold. Paul and West could leave in next 18 months. Would they be better to deal them now?

Decision NO is grappling with is West. He can opt out and is planning to. They talked about an extension with West but offer is low. West thinks he can get 10 mil on the market. Not gonna get that in NO now. Difficult decision now is...West is playing great. Value hasnt been higher in last few years than it is right now. With him, they can get in the playoffs and maybe scare someone in the first round. Without him, what they may have to do is get something for him and yet figure out a way to replace him with someone who will help Paul in the short-term. They're not moving Paul until they have to and thats not until at least next season.

Houston shopping injured Yao Ming. They are also hoping to land Carmelo Anthony. What should we expect from Houston at the deadline?

They along with New Orleans, are one of the most aggresive teams out there. They have picks, the big Yao Ming expiring contract which they're hoping is going to be attractive to teams. They're looking to improve talent with good veteran players. If Nash came available, Houston would be very interested. They stayed on the Carmelo front but Melo doesnt want to sign an extension in Houston even though Houston was willing to take him on as a rental and try to convince him to re-sign, I dont think thats gonna happen. They're on the prowl. They've talked to Chicago about some smaller deals. Bulls very interested in Lee and have been all year. He's a favorite of Tom Thibodeau. They're looking at small and big deals. I think they'll be real active at the deadline.

Blazers leaning heavily on Aldridge. Have some vets in guys like Miller and Camby. Should they ship some of those guys out and look towards the future?

Probably should. Problem is the owne Paul Allen who may not want to rebuild. With Roy's injury, who will be in and out of the lineup at best and at worst, have his career curtailed, they're on the hook with his money. They're can continue to build with Aldridge but with Pryzbilla, Camby, Miller, they can move those guys and maybe get some younger guys and start rebuilding as opposed to trying to hang in there and get in the playoffs. Nate McMillian in the last year of his deal and will probably become a FA and look elsewhere and maybe resign there but issue is what the owner wants. The basketball people, GM Rich Cho, are ready to start rebuilding but they got to get the owner on board with that..

CONSENSUS: Rockets are "active" out there.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

So would I, nice game Curry had last night against Westbrook...

23 points, 13 dimes, 2 steals and shot 10-18

19. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I do not expect anyone they have us acquiring... We'll probably end up with Stephen Jackson or something.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

#20 sammy, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011